Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So both my fans are wired up to a stock ls computer and each are tuned for different temps. For the few hundred miles iv been driving it the fans have worked normal (low temp, high temp), then i had a wiring issue to where it blew a fan fuse and the car got up to 230+ on temps so i pulled over and shut it down. Let it cool down, drove home (few blocks away) and parked it. Come to find out Derale sends shitty fuse holders with their fans. Rewired new fuse block in and now i have issues. When it gets to about 180 both fans turn on now at the same time, i even believe the high temp fan kicks on a second before the low temp fan then they both run at the same time. Pulled the ground switched wire from the pcm that goes to the relay and tested it with a jumper wire directly to the chassis and each fan turns on/off from each other when tested like that. Hook the pcm grounds back to the relay but now both fans turn on at the same time. Could i have somehow fucked up the pcm in some way, shape or form?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
How do you have the fans wired? I crimped a spade plug and only used one side of the pcm as a trigger for the derale fans relays.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts