Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some necessary sheetmetal for my new build and the total of the parts came to $288.00. I checked UPS Ground for shipping and my new total was $288.00 with no tax. Total charges was $288.00 for two items. I'm thinking that's cool, free shipping. A week goes by and I call to inquire on the status of the order. No human contact and I left a message. No return call. I check my bank balance today and see the charges are not $288.00 as expected but posted at $379.58 as of today. Damn, I've been charged $91.58 for shipping two packages that weigh 26 pounds. Items shipped last Monday and should be ready for delivery to my builder this Monday. I left a few messages on voice mail today and sent an email to sales department informing them that I would not pay for the shipping and instructed my builder to refuse the packages or hold them til the matter was resolved. I will hold my tounge on who did this until the matter is resolved because they are a reputable supplier. Or at least they used to be. What do you think?

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
ups suck big time for that shit

i would be worse if you are canadien

i used to get jacked by ups every time i had shit shipped up here

know i never ever use ups any more

i have stop a sale becsause the shipped will only use ups

·
SunDial Express
1,437 Posts
It is possible that there was a non-machineable surcharge put on the package

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
did you put your order in over their website? was there a checkout total? Did you print off a copy of the checkout total? what exactly were the parts you bought?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Package was a steel firewall 24" x 60" 20 gauge steel and a transmission tunnel .Tunnel is 28" wide by 27-1/2" long. Driveshaft cover is 28" wide by 36" long Weight was 26 pounds as per UPS tracking info.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you put your order in over their website? was there a checkout total? Did you print off a copy of the checkout total? what exactly were the parts you bought?
I ordered off the website and shipped to my builder to help with shipping because of the reduced rate for shipping to a business. I noticed that they charged a residential rate. I need the parts, but the principal or the thing makes me want to tell em to eat it

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
Package was a steel firewall 24" x 60" 20 gauge steel and a transmission tunnel .Tunnel is 28" wide by 27-1/2" long. Driveshaft cover is 28" wide by 36" long Weight was 26 pounds as per UPS tracking info.
that should be classed as oversized.

I ordered off the website and shipped to my builder to help with shipping because of the reduced rate for shipping to a business. I noticed that they charged a residential rate. I need the parts, but the principal or the thing makes me want to tell em to eat it
Did you print off a receipt from the website

·
Registered
705 Posts
it could of weighed 1 pound, 2 boxes that size through ups will add up to $91 very fast.when you get into oversized packages, its billed as something around 80 or more pounds. You could of filled the boxes with 60lbs of lead and it would of still cost exactly the same.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They emailed me a receipt and I even forwarded it to my builder so he would know the parts were coming to him. I copied and pasted the recipt to an email I sent their sales staff. I would be willing to meet them halfway, but this seems unfair to me.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
If there was no implication of free shipping. You cant expect the boxes of yours to ride for nuttin. But the price of shipping should have been known immeaditely. Its too bad it happened.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't expect to get something for nothing, but do expect to pay price quoted or be notified prior to shipment of any changes to fee's. My card was not charged until today 5/15/2010 and the order was placed 5/7/2010.

·
Registered
15,452 Posts
Sounds like you got charged what UPS calls "dimensional weight"

From UPS site...

Learn About Dimensional Weight

Determining which weight to use in calculating your rate requires that you determine which rule applies. Different rules apply depending on the service selected. Dimensional weight considers density, which is the amount of space a package occupies in relation to its actual weight, to determine billable weight. Calculations of dimensional weight are subject to change without notice.

Packages that exceed UPS weight and size limits are not accepted for transportation. If found in the UPS system, they are subject to an Over Maximum Limits charge.

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
You got charged for oversize fees....and oversize products to a residence is outrageously high. Business address isn't much better.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
Fact still remains. If the man got charged shipping and he has an invoice that doesn't reflect shipping, who's it lay on? Certainly not the buyer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I understand that the package was oversized. The company that I bought it from has surely shipped this item a few times and could program a shipping calculator to estimate charges to residential or commercial addresses you think. Could have requested that I contact a sales rep for ordering assistance if it's that complicated. I think they are in the wrong here and I'll refuse the order and request refund or dispute the charge to my creditor to prove a point. I don't want a free ride, just a fair shake that I have a say in.

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Fact still remains. If the man got charged shipping and he has an invoice that doesn't reflect shipping, who's it lay on? Certainly not the buyer.
True, but common sense would tell you to ask for shipping costs so you don't get a rather unpleasant surprise later.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I understand that the package was oversized. The company that I bought it from has surely shipped this item a few times and could program a shipping calculator to estimate charges to residential or commercial addresses you think. Could have requested that I contact a sales rep for ordering assistance if it's that complicated. I think they are in the wrong here and I'll refuse the order and request refund or dispute the charge to my creditor to prove a point. I don't want a free ride, just a fair shake that I have a say in.
Whats realy a fair shake? It's not up to the buyer to come up with a number on what he thinks shipping should cost. UPS determines shipping cost, not the supplier you bought from. Sounds like your beef is with ups. Sorry you had to find out the hard way what it cost to ship packages in this day and age. That would be a pretty crappy deal on your part to refuse the shipment. You should be thankful theres places still in business to buy parts from.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts