Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my attempt to build a hot side for my drag car project..im not a welder and did this all on my own ..it is a set of headers from a s10 v8 kit. it has a 3 inch crossover tube and a t6 flange..i built it with the motor in the car and it all fits....other than being ugly at the moment will this set up work. looking for 900hp out of 383 sbc s480 build

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
got better pics??. how is the merge its kind of hard to see at that angle

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i have another pic ...uploading..... on one hand i was going to smooth it all out ang get it powder coated the other hand header rap it or clean it up then spray and bake on high temp paint

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i looked on the net and saw how hard the s480 hit from home my thinking was to make it 3 inch to try to soften the hit ....but i think i should have done it in 2.5 like every one else....will the 3 inch slow me down or be hard to spool

·
Registered
77 Posts
you only fail if you give up! yes the 3 inch will slow the spool but i've seen it work, it's together so give it a shot!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is during the build phase.....it goes in 2 single 3 inch tubes then merges into a single 3....im going to work on gate placement next i would like to put it at a 45 degree angle right after the 2 pipes merge but i have seen some guys just run it from one of the cross over tubes....was thinking about putting it on the side close to the turbo

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
dont look to bad i think it will work. 3" seems a bit big but some use it. like reed said make sure there is no slag and extra mig wire inside the pipes. i started mine up with out turbo just incase

·
Registered
511 Posts
The wastegate really needs to "see" both sides of the engine...go ahead and place it in the merge just before the turbo, it will work best there.

reed

this is during the build phase.....it goes in 2 single 3 inch tubes then merges into a single 3....im going to work on gate placement next i would like to put it at a 45 degree angle right after the 2 pipes merge but i have seen some guys just run it from one of the cross over tubes....was thinking about putting it on the side close to the turbo

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok thanks reed ....i saw that guys used a flex hone tool i just need to figure out how to get it to reach all the welded spots inside

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
luv2 is the car healty again yet

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well guys this is a budget build and wife just raised my taxes...lol.... so as long as some power can be made with it im going to try it .... this set up is my test bed......and im glad that im doing it this way because i will learn what works for my combo....i thank you guys for your input i wanted to make sure that this would work.( maybe not the best) ....also at this point its not to late to change the tube size just figured since it was close to being done what would be the down side to running it

·
Registered
727 Posts
It will work, shake a piece of chain around inside the pipe to clean the boogers out. Some vht and wrap and it will look fine. That turbo dont know the hotside is ugly it will still go like hell.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:smt023:smt023

1 - 20 of 25 Posts