Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know...there are other threads about his passing, but he’s getting another one ...

Clean Music with a “flavor” all his own....

Too many legends passing on....

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Before his passing, you would hear his music in commercials without even realizing it. Taco Bell and Nissan used him a lot.

-Abone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Got to see him perform many times! If you did see him perform live, he would throw melted guitar picks to the crowd and never miss a beat. And he could play every instrument as well as the guitar, Trumpet, Sax, Piano, Drums, He was a true showman!

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Old friend of mine runs the door at Jack Rabbit's. He gave me heads-ups whenever Dick Dale would be playing. I saw Dick Dale three times. I was daydreaming watching the Stones in Jax about the "cool" value of not being 1 in 60,000 in a stadium.
Nothing tops kicking your feet up on the stage and drinking a beer while watching masters perform their magic. I guess it comes down to unless you are in the center (stay the fuck away from speaker towers) of the front rows it sucks.

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
------Rockers that bathe in the Fountain Of Youth--
Back in early 80s I saw STEPPINWOLF in a club - EXCELLENT. A year later he came back same club. Bunch of leotard wearing clowns danced on to the stage, sounded like shit and I left by the third song.

So I'm looking now, John Kay was born in 1944.

---------2017---------------
Steppenwolf 1968 timeless rock classics Magic Carpet Ride and Born To Be Wild at 4:38 is performed by John Kay (only original member) on lead vocals/guitar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts