Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to polish the diamond plate on the front of my trailer & its not been cleaned in YEARS. anyone have any suggestions??

Bob

·
Lord of Lords
4,165 Posts
mothers chrome polish!

that stuff cleans great, took a lot of caked on bugs crap and junk off the front of my trailer last week.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hit it with neverdull last night just to see how much work it was going to be & it did not even scratch it. Im wondering if they did not clear coat it or something. I dont want to make a career out of something thats going to get dirty again.

I would replace it but with the box in front & how its on the trailer that would be WAY too much work. I will just let it be dirty.

Bob

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Bob,

Are you using a buffer, or trying this by hand? (wait you're not Mexican so i know the answer), I've used Mother's to get some nasty dirt & rust off of rims in the past (buffer or power ball used)

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not using anything right now. I tried some never dull last night (by hand) & it did not even scratch it. its not dirty (I washed it a couple of years ago. LOL), just dull as hell.

I will try the mothers & maybe pick up one of them power ball things & see if that helps any.

I dont have a buffer & dont really want to spend any money on this stupid thing, just wanted to clean it up some. Im painting the tongue so I wanted the Diamond plate to look good too.

Bob

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you are near a truck stop get a bottle of Speed... It is great and much better then Mothers and easier to use.

I promise you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
760 Posts
"wenol" with a good air diegrinder with a buffing/polishing wheel....it will do wonders..power ball on a drill goes way to slow and if you speed it up it flys apart.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
man thats a good looking trailer anyway.......you can get soom of the acid for cleaning aluminum.....just dont let it get on the paint

·
Registered
135 Posts
that stuff is the shit for cleaning cast aluminum as well
oil soaked cast al cleans up super easy with bar keepers and a toothbrush type of cleaning brush

Bar Keepers Friend works great, I use it on my aluminum boat tower, my anchor, steel parts, chrome...etc.. doesn't scratch..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts