Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything i have to do or know before i weld in the brackets for my diagonal bar? How much adjustment should i have for alignment supposes. the rear is squared up at the moment.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
I set them up with 1/4 inch of threads showing on each and room for a misalignment bushing above and below the heims so they dont bind up

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. is it possible to have too long of a bar or should i jjust pick a mounting location on the housing and rotate it 45* and where ever it intersects a mounting surface their it is.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
What kind of suspension is this for...

With ladder bars and 4-links it is a whole lot easier to use a bolt on Diagonal link

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is going on a stock suspension 4th gen f-body with coilovers. i am getting rid of the pan hard bar and want to use a diagonal bar in-lieu of a wishbone.

similar to this

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I'm trying to picture how your going to do a diagonal link since you have a torque arm and I can't see how its going to work/fit. Even a wishbone would be tough to fit that car with stock suspension. Whats wrong with the panhard rod?

Craig

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Run the single point side of the wishbone to the housing, the double ended sided to the chassis.
Kyle
so intead of a front to back wishbone it will be transvere and go right to left.

I may be able to get that to work. ir by running a wishbone from the housing to the rear of the car attatched to the rear section of the frame rails.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm trying to picture how your going to do a diagonal link since you have a torque arm and I can't see how its going to work/fit. Even a wishbone would be tough to fit that car with stock suspension. Whats wrong with the panhard rod?

Craig
the diagonal bar/wishbone runs under the TQ arm. I cant run Rear coil overs with the pan hard bar in the stock location.

Here is a pic of another members car that was nice enough to help me out with the same setup.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Hook the wide part of the wishbone to the rear end brackets then put the slider to the cross member in the center in front of it works great with ladder bars or in your case run them to the lower control arm bolts. We call it a reverse because a lot of guys run the wide part to the front and the slider on the center of the rearend housing

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Hook the wide part of the wishbone to the rear end brackets then put the slider to the cross member in the center in front of it works great with ladder bars or in your case run them to the lower control arm bolts. We call it a reverse because a lot of guys run the wide part to the front and the slider on the center of the rearend housing

Do you see a difference, or one being better than the other in this case? I just have always ran them wide end to the chassis, and the single end to the rear housing. Just wondering if anyone see's a difference going one way or another.
Kyle

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
The heims dont bind up, its easy to jack up. Out of the way with the exhaust running under the front of it to go up and over the rear axle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts