Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2stage SJ plate system, I put 100 on the first kit to get me out on a shitty track and put 150 on the second kit.

Problem is when I hit the second kit nothing happens.

I can hit the switch on both kits and all 4 noids fire freely, nothing funny going on. Grounds are fine.

Is it possible the noid wont open under bottle pressure but will with no nitrous on?

How would I go about diagnosing that?

Any help would be super guys!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Yes that is possible.
Every solenoid has a pressure that they are rated to open at. The first thing to check is to make sure your bottle pressure is not to high for what the solenoid is rated for. If that is not the issue I would by pass the wiring , run the solenoid straight to battery power and ground to see if the solenoid will then open under pressure. If it will not open either the coil is breaking down or the piston has a big enough nipple wore into it that it has changed the seat height enough to not let the coil pull the piston up.

If it does work start looking for wiring issues.

Dave

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
Yes....bottle pressure will keep a weak coil from opening.....

·
Super Moderator
12,145 Posts
I have a 2stage SJ plate system, I put 100 on the first kit to get me out on a shitty track and put 150 on the second kit.

Problem is when I hit the second kit nothing happens.

I can hit the switch on both kits and all 4 noids fire freely, nothing funny going on. Grounds are fine.

Is it possible the noid wont open under bottle pressure but will with no nitrous on?

How would I go about diagnosing that?

Any help would be super guys!

Thanks
There are several things that can effect the results your having. The solenoid not opening is one but could be more.. Please feel free to give me a call with your system number and I can look up your tech info and give you a hand.. Thanks, SJ

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why dont you switch the first and second stage solenoids with each other? If its a pig outta the hole and hits on the second kit you know its a bad solenoid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts