Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on a 1992 Seagrave fire engine with an 8v92. I was asked to pull the alternator because of a low voltage problem(10.5-10.8 ) and have it checked. So i started the engine before i removed it to verify the problem and i noticed the alternator was not spinning nor was the middle accessory drive pulley behind the blower. There are 2 accessory drive pulleys of the back of the motor, the one for the A/C compressor on the drivers side works fine but the one directly behind the blower spins free but is not being turned by the engine. Any input on what will cause this could be appriciated but i dont want to get in over my head.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
It might be a key way on the accessory drive, if you need big parts for it I may be able to help you. Once you figure out what you need P/m me and I will look to see if we got it. We just recently scrapped a few city of Pittsburgh Fd. trucks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might be a key way on the accessory drive, if you need big parts for it I may be able to help you. Once you figure out what you need P/m me and I will look to see if we got it. We just recently scrapped a few city of Pittsburgh Fd. trucks.
Ok thanks. I just heard from the alt shop. It failed the bench test and he said there were signs it got hot. I asked him to tear it down to look for any evidence that it locked up at some point. Kind of odd to have both problems at one time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts