Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow,these guys restore old cars to flip quick and the shit they say is down right shameful!!! Building a resto ford 60s galaxy and they wanted to put a 390 in it......the young kid found a late 70s 351 Modified 2bl motor instead and thinks he found a better motor....WTF????:(

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Did you catch when they were showing all the pictures of "Galaxies" that were really Malibu's?:rolleyes:

I made it through the first show when they did the T-bird, this one I just had to turn off and walk away.:-~hang

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you catch when they were showing all the pictures of "Galaxies" that were really Malibu's?:rolleyes:

I made it through the first show when they did the T-bird, this one I just had to turn off and walk away.:-~hang
Im officially there too....cant take more goober stuff!!!:-~hang

·
16,312 Posts
Yep, I set a series recording before watching and had to stop that quick. I watched the one where they didn't even paint the bottom of the car and just shook my head. I gave em one more shot and watched the 442 build and that was the final straw.

·
140th phuckstick bitches
13,676 Posts
They do not know the true meaning of "restored"
That rattle can stuff they do is beyond back yard hack work at best.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I don't even know what this show is but it sure sounds like another of those "two week build" shows that are taking over cable TV. You gotta wonder how many good cars have been fucked up by those fools, many of them probably beyond repair. All just to sell advertising time.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
The most offensive aspect of all those shows that alot of people don't realize (besides the often-tasteless style) is that random people that don't know shit from shoe shine want to know what's takin' sooo long for you to "finish your car". They think it's just a couple thousand dollars and 2-3 weeks' work and voila! Not how it works. Hell, that's not even how it works for the "rich guys" that know their shit. I wrote off watchin' that Desert show when they mentioned wanderin' out into the desert to find cars to fix up. What was that? The 50's? Good luck with that shit nowadays, what with all the Barrett-Jackson and Kruse's poison that's on SPEED these days. Average Joe has no fuckin' clue.

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I saw the T-Bird show, what a joke. Another one of those big DRAMA shows, power struggles between Dad and Son, unrealasistic deadlines. I thought it was funny when they lost money on the T-Bird.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
just for shits & giggles I have to DL & see this shit.

About to watch in a few. I need some good laughs.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The commercials didn't grab my attention so I passed on it...and from the sound of it I am not missing anything good

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
The most offensive aspect of all those shows that alot of people don't realize (besides the often-tasteless style) is that random people that don't know shit from shoe shine want to know what's takin' sooo long for you to "finish your car". They think it's just a couple thousand dollars and 2-3 weeks' work and voila! Not how it works. Hell, that's not even how it works for the "rich guys" that know their shit. I wrote off watchin' that Desert show when they mentioned wanderin' out into the desert to find cars to fix up. What was that? The 50's? Good luck with that shit nowadays, what with all the Barrett-Jackson and Kruse's poison that's on SPEED these days. Average Joe has no fuckin' clue.

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA
:party

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Just...wowo

Watching the 442 episode.
Can someone tell me again what cars they like? I dont think they said it enough.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I saw the Galaxie episode the other night. I can't believe that crap is on TV. Doesn't anybody build a car "right" anymore. And, why is there always a deadline? I don't have deadlines on my car. I keep at it until it's right. Silly me, I guess.

How about PAWN STARS with the guy selling the black Harley. He said "it's a classic because NHRA says that anything over 25 years old is a classic." HUH? what does NHRA have to do with anything?????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts