Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what material Denny's drive shaft out of New York uses for their driveshafts? I was calling around getting info and pricing and they said it was proprietary info, even if I bought their shaft they still would not tell me. Just wondering what type of material they use! Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
More reason to call PST. Good dudes to deal with and get a quality piece out the door fast.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
There's plenty of good vendors out there. Mark Williams, Strange. I've used Inland Empire and most recently PST. I've had steel, aluminum and carbon...all good products and vendors.

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
I recommend Victory Driveline Components. Great stuff and verry fair on price. You can call Kevin Deaton of Deaton Truck and Auto in Dallas Center, Iowa as he an authorized dealer for them. 515-992-3674

Chromoly drive shaft with billet slip yoke

Billet slip yoke

Polished Chromoly and clear coated (standard)

·
4nik8r
2,708 Posts
My $.02 on Dennys. I've bought 2, great shafts, problem is his lead time... Others will provide the same product/price to your schedule.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
look into the critical speed rating of driveshafts and the size plus material they are made from. M/W had this in one of their catalogs.

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
My PST shaft was built and shipped in 3 days,
Dennys lead time was 2-4 weeks.
Does anybody know what material Denny's drive shaft out of New York uses for their driveshafts?
Wouldnt that really depend on what you wanted or needed ?
If I remember correctly they would push the C.M stuff over aluminum.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I oredered mine from A1 driveshaft in Milwaukee on a Monday and i picked it up on Wed. Fast and for a good price

·
Registered
300 Posts
We have used Denny's shafts for years with great success. this one is in my car http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/c1_nitrous_ready_driveshafts.html
Many of the pro mod teams up here use his products also. Very experienced and knowledgeable. It maybe that the lead time is because he makes a great product and is in demand. I'm not saying others do not, just that lead time should not be the deciding factor.

Joe

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
I have had a few driveshafts from Denny's to.. I found them easy to get a hold of an were usually received before the "due date" .. I have had CM and Alum done by them .

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
Strange gets them out quick, and does good work on EVERYTHING.

·
Vendor
6,460 Posts
Yeah I was just talking about this the other day. I have a Denny's Nitrous driveshaft that I bought a few years ago and they would tell me what it was made out of. I don't really care it worked in my car at 3200 with 1.22 60' times without a hitch. I know its not a pro mod but it worked as spec'd for my application. I am actually looking to go Carbon Fiber now and planning on selling this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts