Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I'm brain dead i think , Its the same damn thread as the holley 10/32 air bleeds , I don't know what i was thinking when i said 6/32 thread size , I Think my brain was stuck in the metering block still :D

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
And yea i just looked at BLP and they use the brass set screws drilled for about .50 cents each which isn't bad i thought but i also want to get the blanks and drill them as well , I've never drilled them before so i wanna try it , I ordered two sets of pin gauges and handles last night and i'm getting the pin vise and drill bit set so now i can start to learn this air bleed tuning thing , And ha i always thought i was good setting up carbs but that's always been with fixed air bleeds , This custom fuel curve stuff is interesting to me and i'm determined to get this 1090 Demon running as good or better than my HP 950 does then I'll swap to the 4500 intake.

·
Registered
639 Posts
And yea i just looked at BLP and they use the brass set screws drilled for about .50 cents each which isn't bad i thought but i also want to get the blanks and drill them as well , I've never drilled them before so i wanna try it , I ordered two sets of pin gauges and handles last night and i'm getting the pin vise and drill bit set so now i can start to learn this air bleed tuning thing , And ha i always thought i was good setting up carbs but that's always been with fixed air bleeds , This custom fuel curve stuff is interesting to me and i'm determined to get this 1090 Demon running as good or better than my HP 950 does then I'll swap to the 4500 intake.
Best modification I did with my 1050 dominator was the transfer slot restrictor.
Ended up at 0.062" from 0.085ish stock.
What a huge difference in part throttle driveability!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I still have some headed 6-32 emulsion bleeds here, blank and .020 and a variety of used ones. BLP has the headed 10-32 air bleeds for the top that work, and you can get brass set screws from 4-40 up at McMaster-Carr.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
On the 1090 i want to try the .055 idle ,and take out the intermediate bleeds like you suggested , If i can't find .055 today in stock I'm going to get a #54 drill bit if the hardware store has it and drill out the .046 idle bleeds in it now to .055 , as far as my chewed up .029 high speed bleed i can work it with a file and use a little larger screwdriver to get it back in , the other 3 are fine. So it will be .029 high speed , .055 idle and intermediate left open. Do you use brass set screws and drill them for the top bleeds ? I can order the original BG air bleeds that sit flush in the main body from allstate but i wanna try this tonight at the track , If all else fails i'll just pop my HP 950 back on for tonight.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I use the brass set screws for everything...just have the different sizes depending on what it's being used for...I think someone already mentioned the sizes needed.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Awesome thank you , I'll go see if Ace hardware has them and the small drill bits , If i can get it to stop slightly smoking at idle then ill try it again tonight , Next thing i wanna try seeing how i have had excellent luck with my HP 950 , Is to try a HP 950 alky carb which i have brand new never used i bought a few years ago for $450 , Its the older model i guess because it has press in air bleeds but never the less its brand new in the box. Curious what just changing fuels will do.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Mark Thank You as well as the rest of you that gave me some input on air bleeds , I tried .053 idle , Intermediate's out and .031 high speed , Its all my buddy had to try ,anyway its not soaking the plugs now at idle finally but only a slight amount of smoke idling and a good puff if you hit it once so i tried .060 on the idle but haven't fired it up yet to see , pressure is at 5-1/4 , fuel is 1/3 in the window.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts