Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I seen a post where someone blew a motor. forget car was still in second gear from burn out and bit rev limiter before could got out of it. Said will be back up and running in 2 weeks. Not sure if that's the same guy thou

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one pass ran a 8.99. @153. BUT RAN A 8.86 @151 ON THE first pass on spray?lol

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I seen a post where someone blew a motor. forget car was still in second gear from burn out and bit rev limiter before could got out of it. Said will be back up and running in 2 weeks. Not sure if that's the same guy thou
YUP..same guy/car

·
Registered
21,546 Posts
Would good mufflers slow it down much just sounds crappy IMO with open exhaust and stock camshaft and that stands true for any engine?:confused:

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Wonder the power numbers? This is much more impressive to me. Stock the yote makes just over 400 at the tires. Untouched drivetrain pushing 1000+ RWHP and mid 8’s all from a cheapo car that came NA, nothing special stock coyote. I would expect a power adder / high dollar car to be built to take a whole bunch more. But the cheap NA mustang is already built that way. Really is no wonder why they are so popular everywhere.

https://www.fordnxt.com/news/turbocharged-stock-engine-2018-mustang-runs-8-7-second-quarter-mile/

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Wonder the power numbers? This is much more impressive to me. Stock the yote makes just over 400 at the tires. Untouched drivetrain pushing 1000+ RWHP and mid 8’s all from a cheapo car that came NA, nothing special stock coyote. I would expect a power adder / high dollar car to be built to take a whole bunch more. But the cheap NA mustang is already built that way. Really is no wonder why they are so popular everywhere.

https://www.fordnxt.com/news/turbocharged-stock-engine-2018-mustang-runs-8-7-second-quarter-mile/
Much more impressive than that 150k tank IMO.

What rear end do they have in that Demon?? :0

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Much more impressive than that 150k tank IMO.

What rear end do they have in that Demon?? :0
What’s funny is I heard the newer style Camaro blows up around 600RWHP and even before then, the fuel system / EFI upgrades etc., to get there are ridiculous money. Funny how people claim LS this or that, but only after they are built with aftermarket parts lol.

Just sad reading how mediocre the LS engine is in comparison in the camaro. Poor guy even detuned it to 600HP and still wasn’t safe

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515027&page=2

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
What’s funny is I heard the newer style Camaro blows up around 600RWHP and even before then, the fuel system / EFI upgrades etc., to get there are ridiculous money. Funny how people claim LS this or that, but only after they are built with aftermarket parts lol.

Just sad reading how mediocre the LS engine is in comparison in the camaro. Poor guy even detuned it to 600HP and still wasn’t safe

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515027&page=2

The LT1 only has hyperutectics and powdered rods like the 392. If it aint boosted from the factory they aren't going to put forged parts in it. Sucks but the bulk of owners aren't going to need a forged bottom end anyways.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wonder what the 60 foot would been biting 50 or 75 (wich ever it was) on the hit....
Sounded and looked like a stick shift car way it was yanking the front end on 2nd gear lol

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
The LT1 only has hyperutectics and powdered rods like the 392. If it aint boosted from the factory they aren't going to put forged parts in it. Sucks but the bulk of owners aren't going to need a forged bottom end anyways.
Yes I realize that. (I pointed out how pathetic the motor was). But Ford does it, even in their truck motors lol. Another reason why Ford is far superior and the mustang is far and above the #1 tuner car sold for literally the last 4 decades.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts