Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1995 Cobra
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a fresh install of XP on it, but it doesn't look like the wireless adapter is working. Looking for drivers but every driver I install does not help. All I need is to get the wireless internet working for the laptop and one of the workers can have it. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
precision m6300 or m60?

inspiron 600m?

which is it?

or PM me the service tag, I deal with dells all day long

·
Registered
877 Posts
Put the service tag into dells site under support. Then look for the wireless adapter usually is the intel proset wireless. Make sure it is the latest one and then download. If it is an older proset wireless it will need to be updated or it will cause slow boot time.

Good luck

·
1995 Cobra
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
installed the intel proset thing, and it said driver uninstalled.

These are missing drivers that I don't know how to locate.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The few I've done always had a separate disc with all the drivers on it, to be installed in a specific order. You may still have to find drivers with Win 7. Hope it works out for ya!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
These drivers are all located on that same page on dells site it is a pain because the descriptions are not there but trust me all the drivers are there.

installed the intel proset thing, and it said driver uninstalled.

These are missing drivers that I don't know how to locate.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Fuck it I'm installing 7[/QUOTE

This will be even worse becuase some of the drivers are not available for 7 yet. Good luck. Oh as long as you put in the service tag it should give you all the drivers for that laptop. Just make sure you select the correct operating system. I am referring to xp windows 7 is a great operating system but some of the drivers are still hard to find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts