Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a newer delay box for my car. Right now I run a DD Mega 400. Nothing wrong with it and it works perfectly. But I'm thinking of upgrading. Looking at the DD mega 450/475 and the K&R stuff.

If YOU were going to put a new delay box in your car, regardless of your reason, which new box would you choose and why? What is the biggest factor in your decision?

Don't want to hear if it's working don't change it....One of the features of the new boxes I really like is the Z-force feature on the K&R and similar on the new Mega boxes.....That's one of the reasons I'm looking to change..

All input is welcome...

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Replied to you post on DRR. All personal preference, IMO if you are used to a DD then stay with a DD.

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts
Ike Hamma

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,355 Posts
what is the z force feature?
instead of letting go of the button, you push the button....when your staged you push the button to activate the brake, let go, then push again to release the brake..... for some it can be a mind fuck pushing then pushing again..... i had one when they 1st came out and liked pushing the button...... the good thing is, if you dont like it the box will allow you to change it to the normal way of letting go of the button

·
A Senior Member
3,195 Posts
Z –Force Switch Mode vs. Standard Switch Mode (Transbrake button modes)
The Z –Force switch mode is a revolutionary concept of activating the transbrake and starting your
reaction time delay. Once final staged, you activate the transbrake output by “pushing” or “bumping” the
transbrake button once (do not continue to hold button down). You initiate the delay by simply
“bumping” the transbrake button again when the “tree” is activated. This eliminates inconsistency due to
varied amounts of pressure exerted on the transbrake button while staged, thus the name Z –Force for
“Zero” force exerted on your transbrake button while waiting for the “tree” to activate. You can even
take “2-hits” in this mode (explained in next section).

I other words it is an electrically held closed circuit which unlatches (opens) when the button is pushed again (energized).

·
A Senior Member
3,195 Posts
instead of letting go of the button, you push the button....when your staged you push the button to activate the brake, let go, then push again to release the brake..... for some it can be a mind fuck pushing then pushing again..... i had one when they 1st came out and liked pushing the button...... the good thing is, if you dont like it the box will allow you to change it to the normal way of letting go of the button
Was it faster? More consistent?

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,355 Posts
Was it faster? More consistent?
not sure if faster, but i think it was more consistent, i used a regular transbrake button nothing fancy, and with pushing, you could push the button in until you felt the button touch the contact, then it was just a light push to activate..... where as letting go of the button your bottomed out in the switch pushing hard trying not to let go, then when you do let go you the button needs to go thru the movement to open the switch...... if that makes sense to you.

like i said, if you dont like the z-force, you can always change the setting to make it regular.

·
Registered
26,073 Posts
interesting!...……...that seems to add more steps to leaving, while you are concentrating on the lights...……...for me, I like it simple.

·
A Senior Member
3,195 Posts
not sure if faster, but i think it was more consistent, i used a regular transbrake button nothing fancy, and with pushing, you could push the button in until you felt the button touch the contact, then it was just a light push to activate..... where as letting go of the button your bottomed out in the switch pushing hard trying not to let go, then when you do let go you the button needs to go thru the movement to open the switch...... if that makes sense to you.
Perfect explanation.

My sons drive our car now so i would have to run this by them. But just by what you saying about the pressure on the switch (holding it) verse pushing it to release, i would think it is.

Would using 2 buttons and a relay work. Like a stop start circuit.

·
A Senior Member
3,195 Posts
interesting!...……...that seems to add more steps to leaving, while you are concentrating on the lights...……...for me, I like it simple.
I don,t know about that. once you roll in to where you want to be, tap the button once and it engages the brake. Wait for "the light", tap button and go.

I have been there pushing the button into the floor waiting for the lights to come down.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
If you cant let go double O now every hit, z force will not get you there. K&R in all my cars because toggles are easier to use then touch screens and no plans to ever use z force.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
If you cant let go double O now every hit, z force will not get you there. K&R in all my cars because toggles are easier to use then touch screens and no plans to ever use z force.
You don't know how someone is going to react to a change. Didn't realize you were Dr. Ed also.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Z-Force is a love it or hate it thing IMO, I tried it and like someone else said it creates a mind fuck so I turned it off. You have to stick with it but it may cost you some round wins doing it

·
Off the stands for 2018!
20,137 Posts
To answer the OP......I prefer the K&R Pro Cube with Z-force.

For ME, it is easier to read, and simple enough to operate.

The thing I like about it most is that I can use the z-force mode to back up without having to hold the brake button in with a pro brake glide valvebody.

I have used the z-force function for leaving, and I am starting to like it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts