Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I have had it, I ve asked over and over and it must be a big secret, What do you all set your delay box at if your releasing at first yellow after staged of course, or do you release at first yellow? Car leaves hard and straight but I'm up and down with reaction times.

·
T/S 368E
30,100 Posts

I always leave on the 1st flash, and all my buddies do also.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
O.K. I have had it, I ve asked over and over and it must be a big secret, What do you all set your delay box at if your releasing at first yellow after staged of course, or do you release at first yellow? Car leaves hard and straight but I'm up and down with reaction times.
What type of car chassis and suspension wise and what are your 60ft.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Hey I don't know if you all remember a few of my post in the past about my car not hooking up and crap 60ft times, and double adjustable rear shocks? Well let me up date you, 1st I lowered my launch RMM from 4700 down to 4000 and the car hooked harder and 60 ft went from 1,30s down to 1.26 MPH went up to 147+ I also had Jerry Bickel race cars install some Double Adjustable Koni s on and to everyones surpise the car does this 4 ft wheel stand and I let off, Well you know what happen next car came down hard, Didnt break anything thank who ever, but next pass I stayed in it, same deal 4 ft wheel stand past the 60ft does a 1.25 60ft at 149MPH simply amazing went from turd to crowd favorite. So I must Thank all of you Cats for your in put I wcould not have done it with out yall. Oh and I know it will go in the High 8s

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
What type of car chassis and suspension wise and what are your 60ft.
^^^^What he said. I'll give you an example, 2350lb car with me in it, 1550 hp, 1.01 sixty, delay is 10.85 in my box. My dragster 1850lbs 1300hp 11.10 in the box. The lighter your car the more you put in the box, typically the heavier your car the lower the number. If you're in that 2900lb range, with lets say around 1000hp, a good place to start would be around 10.30 in your box. Hit the tree couple times and adjust from there. With 10.30 in your box you hit the tree couple times and you're around .030 reaction time, pull another 20 out of the box. If you're red by .020 add 30 to your box. Hope this helps ya.:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I run 1.135 to 1.145 in my cuurent set up. With your combination I would start with 1.080 as a reference point, make a few hits with that setting until you get consistent. Then start making adjustments to the box. I would not make any changes to the box until you can get conistent RTs, does not matter if they are .600 or - .450 red, make sure they are consistent.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
I would start with 1.080 as a reference point, make a few hits with that setting until you get consistent.
I would start anywhere from 1.080-1.098. In my dads Super gas car 2600lbs i run around 1.098 depending on how I'm hitting the street. In my Falcon which is a Super Street 3350lbs car I run 1.068. Go to a Test n tune and Just start somewhere. I would pick a number and make a bunch off hits that are consistent before changing anything (doesn;t matter if they are good or bad). Once you get 5 reation time that are consistent then change the delay to make that reation time good.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
1010 is a good starting point. It all depends on how quick you get off the button. What type of button are you using? Do you have one you can adjust? Is the button consistent in its time from release to when it engages? What are your reaction times and how much to they vary?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
^^^^What he said. I'll give you an example, 2350lb car with me in it, 1550 hp, 1.01 sixty, delay is 10.85 in my box. My dragster 1850lbs 1300hp 11.10 in the box. The lighter your car the more you put in the box, typically the heavier your car the lower the number. If you're in that 2900lb range, with lets say around 1000hp, a good place to start would be around 10.30 in your box. Hit the tree couple times and adjust from there. With 10.30 in your box you hit the tree couple times and you're around .030 reaction time, pull another 20 out of the box. If you're red by .020 add 30 to your box. Hope this helps ya.:)
1.085 Put decimal wrong spot, DON'T do that. Lol

·
Registered
13,510 Posts
Thanks, Hey I don't know if you all remember a few of my post in the past about my car not hooking up and crap 60ft times, and double adjustable rear shocks? Well let me up date you, 1st I lowered my launch RMM from 4700 down to 4000 and the car hooked harder and 60 ft went from 1,30s down to 1.26 MPH went up to 147+ I also had Jerry Bickel race cars install some Double Adjustable Koni s on and to everyones surpise the car does this 4 ft wheel stand and I let off, Well you know what happen next car came down hard, Didnt break anything thank who ever, but next pass I stayed in it, same deal 4 ft wheel stand past the 60ft does a 1.25 60ft at 149MPH simply amazing went from turd to crowd favorite. So I must Thank all of you Cats for your in put I wcould not have done it with out yall. Oh and I know it will go in the High 8s
To be consistent, its best to leave against the converter.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1010 is a good starting point. It all depends on how quick you get off the button. What type of button are you using? Do you have one you can adjust? Is the button consistent in its time from release to when it engages? What are your reaction times and how much to they vary?
I use the reactor micro button.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts