·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well alot of guys use a delay box, super gas, etc, because they go red, they put just a bit of delay in and helps them control their RT
For this wouldnt an Adjustable Transbrake button be more cost effective?

·
Registered
786 Posts
An adjustable button would work, but with a delay box you can "fine" tune with just punching a number. Also if you are capable of 6.0 class you could use the throttle stop feature to run 1/8 super gas or super street. Any Biondo racing products are good and customer services is excellent because they are racer's too. Bryan

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
We leave off of the top bulb...so depending if it's a pro or sportsman tree we need to add .500 or .400 to the delay. We also cross over...meaning we release the button on the slower cars top light. So we can have 2+ seconds of delay.
I also use the throttle stop timers for timed shifting and for SLE(starting line enhancer). Alos need them for .90 racing.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An adjustable button would work, but with a delay box you can "fine" tune with just punching a number. Also if you are capable of 6.0 class you could use the throttle stop feature to run 1/8 super gas or super street. Any Biondo racing products are good and customer services is excellent because they are racer's too. Bryan
There arent any S/G or S/S events in my area, just Bracket or Heads Up index racing. I may be moving to another area in the near future and may have to convert my car to a Bracket car or take power out to run slower indexes, but they really dont have many decent (payout) index races very often.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If the class allows a delay box use it. Instead of watching the tree come down, you will now leave on your first reaction the top bulb.

·
Registered
786 Posts
You can come up to Music City and race S/G with us. Pays 800 to win on 50.00 entry. warning tho make sure and have all your safety stuff to wear. Had 24 cars last Sat. Just a thought if you don't mind the drive. Bryan

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the class allows a delay box use it. Instead of watching the tree come down, you will now leave on your first reaction the top bulb.
Protree doesnt come down. Thats why I posted the question, I dont get the advantage the guys have, but they have one. I dont know if theyre running legal though, as electrical/pnuematic throttle stops are against the rules. If they ARE then thats just plain chickin shit! I like to win, but to have to cheat to do so must suck ass! I know of several people who have been busted for this but only after protests from other racers. Before I would allow these kinda phucksticks to ruin my racing I will sell my race car. Build another street car and go grudge racing at the track.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can come up to Music City and race S/G with us. Pays 800 to win on 50.00 entry. warning tho make sure and have all your safety stuff to wear. Had 24 cars last Sat. Just a thought if you don't mind the drive. Bryan
Thanks for the invite Bryan! I may do this since I may be relocating to Owensboro Ky, about 120 miles from yall! It will take me some time to adjust to S/G as I never have ran any form of throttle stop setup. Bruce

·
Registered
786 Posts
As far as using delay on .400 pro tree. you can put in delay if you are capable of goin red. Do you have a .400 brake or .500? I had to learn to rollin and take chunk out of the last stage lite and only then could I put delay in. I stage different for bracket racing than S/G. Will your car go 6.00-5.90? If so T-stop will be easy for you, cause you won't be on it that long. Which makes it harder for the guys that run high MPH to judge you till they get use to racing you. Bryan

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as using delay on .400 pro tree. you can put in delay if you are capable of goin red. Do you have a .400 brake or .500? I had to learn to rollin and take chunk out of the last stage lite and only then could I put delay in. I stage different for bracket racing than S/G. Will your car go 6.00-5.90? If so T-stop will be easy for you, cause you won't be on it that long. Which makes it harder for the guys that run high MPH to judge you till they get use to racing you. Bryan
Yes it was running 5.92-5.99 and I added 25lbs it runs 6.005 to 6.015 now. My P/T R/Ts are normally in the teens and .20s consistantly now, Ive adjusted them by where I stage, which works well for me.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yep you would fit right in in S/G with those lite's and maybe pull a .00x out of you butt every now and then (lol) just put you a Tstop on it and delay box with Tstop timer and come on!

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep you would fit right in in S/G with those lite's and maybe pull a .00x out of you butt every now and then (lol) just put you a Tstop on it and delay box with Tstop timer and come on!
I cut a .008 and a .012 at our ODRA season opener, but was in qualifing and between working the event and having a brand new combo I went out first round. I had the race won, but lifted to soon and got beat by .0023

1 - 14 of 14 Posts