Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received it today.... Far as I can see, it's a pretty nice piece..The packaging was the best I've ever seen. Spent a while wiping it down, from the excess oil they put on it, and I'm OK with that... This one is .223, and I put it on my "SlideFire" equipped Spikes Tactical Lower, that I've been runnin with a 7.62 upper... Put about 5 rounds through it, and Flipped the "Rock and Roll" switch, on the stock....
:smt023:smt023:smt023... Every time I do this, if you were here, you'd see me Grinnin like a Dog eatin shit...
I should add, I ordered this on line using a 10% discount code, that they offered for 1 month, in the August issue of "Shotgun News"..
Well... They Phuckin honored it... This thing was COMPLETE, including bolt carrier assy, and charging handle... With the discount code, it was less than $400.00 to my door.. [$384.00]:supz:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wow that's a great deal. I was just looking at Del-Ton AR15s today. I figured at $465 the complete upper kit was a great deal, to get another $46.50 off that is crazy. I've been seeing cheap stripped lowers for 64.99 lately but I also like the spikes tactical lowers as well. You basically built the exact rifle I built in my mind today. If you don't mind me asking what upper did you get. Post pics and a range report when you get time. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's a great deal. I was just looking at Del-Ton AR15s today. I figured at $465 the complete upper kit was a great deal, to get another $46.50 off that is crazy. I've been seeing cheap stripped lowers for 64.99 lately but I also like the spikes tactical lowers as well. You basically built the exact rifle I built in my mind today. If you don't mind me asking what upper did you get. Post pics and a range report when you get time. Enjoy!!
It's a DT1024 16" A2
I don't do the Range thing, my property is 947ft long, on the backside.;)
I don't hunt either, my stuff is all pretty much for the "Apocalypse"..
I'll try and get pics later..
SlideFireDawg

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Denny, nice piece. They make the slidefire 1 mile from my house. The guys also do belt-feed conversions for AR's. amazing.
I thought they were made in Texas.... Get to know someone there, So I can get a "Back Door" deal on them...;) Also, see where they're at with the A/K model..

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
The owner lives there. He may have a factory there as well. My "neighbor" just sold him his Hummer 1, and drove it down to Tx to his ranch. . I guess he took him shooting on his ranch. Seriously, a full truck load of guns and ammo. He said he has never shot so much in his life. And he goes to knob creek twice a year. !!

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, what you're sayin' is that Del-Ton in good to go nowadays?
??? My first experience with them, but a very good one... When I made the order, they were out of barrels, knowing they build to order.
I still got the upper in about 2 weeks... Nice piece, and functions flawlessly..

·
Race Pages Magazine
2,532 Posts
Before the Obama gun scare back in 2008 they were generally regarded as bargain basement, bottom-quality stuff. Then, in the past couple years, all I've heard is good things about their stuff, and now I'm trying to talk someone into buying one of their kits. I linked him to this thread so he can read what you have to say about them, since he's a little worried at their low prices (and their previous reputation, a little, I think).

It's like the huge rush in sales back in 2008-2009 kicked them in the ass and they really stepped up.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you read on AR15.com a lot of guys love thier Del-Ton ARs. From what I've read they have stepped thier game up and thier customer service seems to be very good as well.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Most people that don't like delton are koolaid drinkers and never owned one. Before I had an ar my good buddy had a delton and we put atleast 10k rounds through it with all hiccups coming from bad mags. It was a delton kit with dpms lower and rra 2 stage trigger. 10 trips to the range in 4 months time 10k rounds of wolf, Remington white/green box 55gr., ss109, and black hills blue box 55gr soft points. I don't own one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for a kiss set up

·
Registered
259 Posts
any updates on the DT? i was looking at one the other day to start my new budget black rifle build, wanted to see if you'd uncovered any flaws or had any issues with yours. how many rounds you put through her so far?

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
any updates on the DT? i was looking at one the other day to start my new budget black rifle build, wanted to see if you'd uncovered any flaws or had any issues with yours. how many rounds you put through her so far?
Only "Road Test" rounds.... 2 singles, and about 30 "Rock and Roll", with the SlideFire.... Runs like NEW MONEY...
I WILL buy another one...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
congrats on the deal and a good product. Ive done several builds with the Del-ton uppers, all had great results. another member on this site (Halfaed) has one of their 1/7 twist 16" uppers, in fact I believe its his sig pic. Ive personaly seen it repeat 1/2 MOA with 69 FGMM. It will hold just over MOA with most other quality factory 55gr stuff. Great product for a good price. It shoots as good as my $2200 LB custom with the FGMM ammo and he has less than $800 in the entire set up......WTF

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey guys, elite tactical has a pretty good deal on del-ton uppers. Heres the link. http://www.elitetacticalcomponents.com/dti-ar-15-16-complete-upper-1-9-twist-chrome-moly-dt1009-s
I have a del-ton myself, and have shot wolf, tula, and pmc through it without a hiccup. Ive done some training classes with it, and it just asked for more. Its been awesome so far. A buddy also has one, and has had no problems whatsoever either. Here's a pic of mine.http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc467/GlockGuy74/Fun time/_MG_3122.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have done business with Del-ton for several years, never had a problem and the guns always turned out nice. Will buy from them again!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey guys, elite tactical has a pretty good deal on del-ton uppers. Heres the link. http://www.elitetacticalcomponents.com/dti-ar-15-16-complete-upper-1-9-twist-chrome-moly-dt1009-s
I have a del-ton myself, and have shot wolf, tula, and pmc through it without a hiccup. Ive done some training classes with it, and it just asked for more. Its been awesome so far. A buddy also has one, and has had no problems whatsoever either. Here's a pic of mine.http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc467/GlockGuy74/Fun time/_MG_3122.jpg
holy crap that's cheap!!:supz:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I built a couple with Del-Ton complete A4 uppers, one was great, the other one had clearly never been test fired. The BCG would stick in the upper receiver, had to use the forward assist just to get it out if you pulled the charging handle. I shipped it back, they fixed it and returned it pretty quickly. The fixed one came out much nicer than the other (not like it was a POS to begin with), but they clearly spent some time slicking it up! I've probably got about 1000 rounds through it and it has been flawless (as has the other one which I have since sold). I'll bet my buddy has put another 2000 rounds through the other one. Incidentally he added a slide fire to it too, I want to try it one of these days but the local range doesn't allow it. We'll be going up to my family's property to try it sometime soon.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I built a couple with Del-Ton complete A4 uppers, one was great, the other one had clearly never been test fired. The BCG would stick in the upper receiver, had to use the forward assist just to get it out if you pulled the charging handle. I shipped it back, they fixed it and returned it pretty quickly. The fixed one came out much nicer than the other (not like it was a POS to begin with), but they clearly spent some time slicking it up! I've probably got about 1000 rounds through it and it has been flawless (as has the other one which I have since sold). I'll bet my buddy has put another 2000 rounds through the other one. Incidentally he added a slide fire to it too, I want to try it one of these days but the local range doesn't allow it. We'll be going up to my family's property to try it sometime soon.
Get ready for a big SMILE.... Let me know when ya want one... Special "YB" deal Stock only..;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts