Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this talk about having the "best working" car on the planet, be it stock suspension, ladder bar, 4-link, bicycle, or whatever, has got me thinking.....

I have always been under the impression that a car that was BEST WORKING did so from the starting line to the finish line... Nothing was left out of the equation. 60ft, 330, 660, 1000, and the 1320... ALL of it went into the definition of having the BEST WORKING...

In my honest opinion, there is NO SUCH THING as a BEST WORKING car... If there was, then nobody would gain anything... Each car would be stuck running whatever ET..

Look at any class you want... From brackets all the way to Top Fuel... each car gets quicker and quicker as time goes on. I dont care what anyone says, they dont have the BEST WORKING....

And thats all I got to say about that............

Vanilla

·
Registered
354 Posts
F.A.S.T. series racing. those are the best "working" cars period. no denying that fact.
10's on a 7" biasply tire.. stock suspensions. nuff said right there.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
All this talk about having the "best working" car on the planet, be it stock suspension, ladder bar, 4-link, bicycle, or whatever, has got me thinking.....

I have always been under the impression that a car that was BEST WORKING did so from the starting line to the finish line... Nothing was left out of the equation. 60ft, 330, 660, 1000, and the 1320... ALL of it went into the definition of having the BEST WORKING...

In my honest opinion, there is NO SUCH THING as a BEST WORKING car... If there was, then nobody would gain anything... Each car would be stuck running whatever ET..

Look at any class you want... From brackets all the way to Top Fuel... each car gets quicker and quicker as time goes on. I dont care what anyone says, they dont have the BEST WORKING....

Vanilla
Best working doesnt mean its maxed out. As your engine changes, etc so the does the chassis and tune up. It can still be the best against the competition.

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
a best working car is one thats workes good from START TO FINISH,not some lame ass excuse of just a good 60-foot.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
first off i consider the motor and the car seperate,,,,so the lowest hp car running the same times as high hp cars would be the best car in my opinion

weight being equal ofcourse

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
The best "working" car is the one that can run an ET at less MPH than is usually required.

Mike Edwards for Example has usually had a much lower MPH than the other Pro Stock cars he was running the same ET with

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
You could define best working as most consistant. Use ALL the incrementals. Somehow the "race" with footbraker will have to define it as Ed has allready conceded he will be outrun.

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But if 2 cars of equal weight, design, body type, suspension race and car A can run to the 60ft marker quicker but car B out performs them the other 1260ft, is car A considered the better car?

Vanilla

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
A perfect working car would be at the finishline the moment the Go light came on with a perfect reaction time. The et would be zero and acceleration would be infinate. But being as we live in the real world we just work backwards from there.

Give the topfuel guys some more nitro and turbos and they might be able to pull a zero ET. LOL.

Vanilla

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.