Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have seen deer cross the race track, during racing, after the finish line, at National Trail Raceway. You would think the noise would run them off.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Had two deer run across track at Atco on a track rental 15yrs ago good thing we only had one lane I use both lanes to avoid hitting them . Thought the same thing the noise should have scared them, drove back to tower shaking went into tower to tell personnel they said thats weird they usually only came out at night !

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have seen deer cross the race track, during racing, after the finish line, at National Trail Raceway. You would think the noise would run them off.
Yeah, that whole noise thing is a big myth. Believe it or not, I've seen deer munching on food just beyond shotgun range at a private trap shooting range I've been to. Literally 30 to 40 yards beyond where the targets were dropping on missed shots. There were 3 of them, they slowly meandered their way across the whole width of the trap field, while shots were being fired the whole time.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've had deer in front of me at Mid Michigan and National Trail. Reving the engine and flashing the headlights did nothing. Fortunately I saw them early both times.
Doug

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Bremerton Raceway has what's called the Bambi Patrol, they sit and watch for deer coming out of the woods. Years back a B.C., Canada racer hit a dear with a Nova. Not a lot left of the deer, and a lot of damage to the car. The airport fire department came out to wash the mess off the inactive runway that is the drag strip.

Butch/56sedandelivery.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts