Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you YB Members have the experience-knowledge how to decode a Ford Autolite tag? Are there any sites on the net that I missed? Not having any Luck.

Thanks for looking,

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
If it's a carb tag it has a part number. One I have here is a new 2 barrel it has C6PF-G, the third digit P is for a parts department replacement. A Mustang would be Z and a Fairlane O and Galaxie is A.
There is a date code on it too that line has a A… not sure what that is for, then 7L22 which is 1967,November 22nd.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
post the tag

·
Smart Ass Conservative
103,633 Posts
Its a over the counter 428 CJ replacement carb . 735 cfm .They work well but no huge value compared to a carb that came on the cars .

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look again at the List number on the choke air horn. That number is on the white card, C9AF-9510-S, Holley list 4456, 69 Mustang Boss 429. Is it possible the tag is for a 69 428?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
If the airhorn is really stamped C9AF-9510-S, List 4456 943 - disregard the tag it is not correct. Look at the numbers stamped on the metering blocks to confirm they are correct.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
103,633 Posts
If its a C9AF 9510 S on the air horn it is boss 429 and valuable

·
Señor Member
28,063 Posts

·
Señor Member
28,063 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PRETTY SURE I decoded this same carb on face book for someone

9kc is the date,look back a few posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So is it possible this carb has the correct Autolite tag? Are Ford Holleys built-in separate runs. When a car is final assembled then the Autolite reflects that date?
Thanks Again to all the Guys that replied,

·
Smart Ass Conservative
103,633 Posts
Tag is wrong

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen an Autolite tag on a Holley. Wonder about the manual choke? Sounds like it's worth some coin.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Or has that S been stamped overtop the U? Here is a C9AF-U

Here's a -S

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Hmmm, it looks like yours is a Boss 429 carb, at least the main body is, it also has the right cable throttle lever and no kickdown. And a manual choke. Check the metering block numbers and for any damage. There is a big Holley book that lists all the metering block numbers and other parts for each carb list number.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmm, it looks like yours is a Boss 429 carb, at least the main body is, it also has the right cable throttle lever and no kick down. And a manual choke. Check the metering block numbers and for any damage. There is a big Holley book that lists all the metering block numbers and other parts for each carb list number.
Tom,
The carb itself is correct including the manual choke and both metering blocks. My question has been the Autolite tag that was on the carb when I bought it. I'm asking about the other letters and numbers and how if they relate to the main body.

Thanks Again everyone for the replies and info,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts