Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bringjasonjustice.org/

I don't know if anyone here can bring any pressure to bear but at least the story should get out. Here's the story.

After allegedly striking a drunken, angry man that he could not avoid with his vehicle in South Eastern Massachusetts, Jason Yanna from Virginia has been pulled through a travesty of the legal system which has since ruined his life.

On a business trip far away from home, Mr. Yanna allegedly hit a drunken man who ran into the road after the man had been arguing with his wife. Traveling 10 miles an hour under the speed limit, Mr. Yanna could still not avoid the drunken man, who ended up having massive head trauma.

On April 23, 2009, Mr. Yanna was charged with Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle. Summoned to appear on June 4th, 2009, the case was dismissed without prejudice, however on the same day, a new citation was issued to Mr. Yanna for the same charge.

Up until June 12th, Mr. Yanna was able to continue work, but not allowed to drive for his job because of the court case. On July 8th of 2009, he was placed on unpaid leave.

Despite having all charges dropped by the police department, the District Attorney is still pushing the case, and has called several pre-trial hearings which have only lead to even more hearings, still leaving Mr. Yanna in limbo and out of work. With the hearings in Massachusetts, Mr. Yanna must make the drive from Virginia for each one.

Over one calendar year has passed and the issue is still being dragged through the court system. With no previous criminal record, and out of work, Mr. Yanna has had to sell everything of value in order to survive and now stands to lose his house.

Mr. Yanna's right to a speedy trial has yet again been delayed with a tentative continuance date of July 17th 2010.

Innocent until proven guilty, but essentailly imprisoned by an ineffective court system.

http://www.bringjasonjustice.org/

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
About 10 years ago when I lived in Phoenix there was a woman who had been drinking and had hit a person crossing the road with her car. The person she hit had passed away. She was charged with DUI but not with vehicular manslaughter because the man crossing the road was not in the crosswalk. Even the family of the victim wasn't pissed because, he was not in the crosswalk.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
It seems at least the way that you have presented the case that it could be argued that a second charge for the same thing could be considered "Double Jeopardy" Double Jeopardy is not legal. However once a crime case has been resolved in a criminal court and even if the person was found innocent, the some issue could be opened in civil proceedings. This is definelty a tough situation becasue the person charged has no alternative other than to try and defend themselves. The employer who let him go is a basterd

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
Do you personally know this guy, or did you just find the scam on Al Gore's internet?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fair question. He is one of my my imaginary internet friends on another board and while I only know him from our interactions there he's been on that board from 04 or 05, it is the same as I would do for those of you who are receiving short shrift here as well.

Short answer, not a scam and many hands make light work.

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
He needs to hire an attorney. For pretrial hearings, etc. he doesn't need to be in court, he can have his attorney handle it for him.

I hit a kid that was fighting on the side of the road when I was 17. He was 18, and 5 guys were fighting. One slung him out into 45mph traffic, and I was the lucky one to tag him with my '72 Buick. Fucked him up pretty good, and it wrecked my fender and windshield.

The cops didn't sight me at all-- "You were just in the right place at the wrong time."

If the case was dismissed, the DA needs to stop trying to make a name for themselves.

-Brad

·
Registered
271 Posts
Get a court appointed attorney, I have have met some vcery good ones, have him file a bunch of junk documents that mean nothing and then take all of your papers to the tv news, get this legal injustice on the tv and see how quickly the political bull shit goes away....

·
Moderater
13,996 Posts
A good Attorney could fix this in a day. Can anyone from South Eastern Massachusetts recommend a good one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts