Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those in the Automotive Industries.......I HATE VENDORS, THE LIARS CAN NEVER DELIVER ON TIME, THE PRICE CHANGES FROM ONE MINUTE TO THE NEXT AND WHEN YOU CALL FOR TECH HELP YOU TALK TO SOMEONE IN SOME FAR AWAY LAND THAT HAS NO IDEA THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PLC AND A WELD GUN. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!!
Jim. :x :x :x :smt013 :smt013 :smt021 :smt075

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Well if the automotive companies kept the job here in the USA we wouldn't have that problem.. It would also help if they paid the vendors on time and not 6 months down the road have to negotiate what you will take rather than the full bill...Hire cheap help.. get shitty service.. You got question we got answers.. :-D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the middle, my company supplies special machine/tooling. I have to deal with the Auto Companies, then I have to deal with the vendors they tell me to deal with. All this for a measley 10%. I call bull shit !!!!!!! In the past 2 years one program for DCX I have submitted cost to DCX for 21m after negotiation and reductions I got 18.2m. That's a net loss of 2.8m in 2 years, and they wonder why the U.S. compaines are closing their doors. I used to love this industry, after 21 years in it I can't stand it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Jim, take the car for a ride around the block. This always seems to help me when I get stressed out! :wink:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope I see the vendor I had to deal with today, how does a 5500rpm transbrake launch into his knee caps sound.......AARRGGHHH !!!! I need to calm down. I would like the doctor to check my blood pressure right about now...... :smt068

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott, Are you going to Milan tonight? I would love to go, but I am working on this guys 69 Camaro and he wants it by Friday. Good luck and don't break anything.
Jim

·
Registered
744 Posts
Jim /Ford Guy/ Gorski said:
Scott, Are you going to Milan tonight?
No, I am not going. The boss (kelly) reminded me that we are going to her nieces commencements tonight. I forgot all about it!! :roll:

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Jim what kind of machines do you deal with? I do the CNC Machinery thing and its pretty cool still after 16 years...

Scott did your wife boycott this board too? :cry:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Scott did your wife boycott this board too? :cry:
No Monty, she will be back!! We both have been very busy the last couple of weeks.

Any good news from the DOC yet?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Jim, Who do you work for? I'm in the Special Machine/Automated assembly biz as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts