Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '13 Charger R/T I bought in Feb, '13. The car is about a year and a 1/2 old now with 17k.

I just had to do front brakes 2 months ago. Now they're squealing again so I took it back to the dealer. Is it possible the the car needs back brakes after such a short time?

Also, the tires are just about bald already with 17k. They are Eagle F1 245/45/20. They need to be replaced and I feel like bitching about it to someone but I don't know where to start.

·
This Space For Lease
2,313 Posts

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,032 Posts
Realistically guy, sounds like you drive that car pretty hard.

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, the only time I drive it is with my whole family in the car. Wife, kids etc.. My wife drives the car primarily. It's never seen a burn out or been abused. If anything, the girl rarely stops at a stop sign completely so I'm surprised it needs brakes.

I got a call from the dealer today. They said they didn't cut the rotors enough so the pads were hitting and squealing. I'm sure they're paper thin now. Good thing it's a lease and next time it will be dropped off at the front door with the keys.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Actually, the only time I drive it is with my whole family in the car. Wife, kids etc.. My wife drives the car primarily. It's never seen a burn out or been abused. If anything, the girl rarely stops at a stop sign completely so I'm surprised it needs brakes.

I got a call from the dealer today. They said they didn't cut the rotors enough so the pads were hitting and squealing. I'm sure they're paper thin now. Good thing it's a lease and next time it will be dropped off at the front door with the keys.
Riiiiiiiiight! It's only driven to the store and back, by a little old lady!

Don't the pads hit the rotors every time the brakes are applied? :-D

I never turn rotors anymore, I replace them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My wife drives the car primarily.
Bingo!

In short, she fucked the brakes up, and while she was on a role roasted your F1's. She apparently drives like a cunt. Welcome to the club. You are one of many who have put up with this problem. My advice, let it go. Otherwise, you'll risk being back to beating your meat with an empty house and a child support note every month that cannot be late. That's right, weigh out the options. Those tires and brakes simply sell themselves, right?

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
I got a call from the dealer today. They said they didn't cut the rotors enough so the pads were hitting and squealing. I'm sure they're paper thin now. .
LMAO, Welcome to 1985 , cutting rotors? ha ha ha ha , great idea "lets cut metal off so it ends up the discs overheat quicker" .....priceless:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
LMAO, Welcome to 1985 , cutting rotors? ha ha ha ha , great idea "lets cut metal off so it ends up the discs overheat quicker" .....priceless:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Doesn't matter. Not sure how things are done over there in Europe, but it's okay to cut rotors if they're thick enough. Plus, there's people who can't afford rotors every time a brake job comes around. Some people are just trying to make it. It's either buy rotors, or miss a meal. That's life. Fuck them rotors. Cut them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sure they left a ridge on the rotor when they cut it. Didn't run the bits in far enough to the middle of the rotor. Brake noise happens, I tell my wife to turn up the radio. Maybe your pads weren't worn out to begin with? Front tire wear could be from lack of rotation, should be rotated every 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I usually have another tech get in the car and hoist it up and have him put it in gear, get it at 60MPH and grind on it with a slap wheel for about 2 minutes...Seems to do the trick.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts