Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am to the point of getn all my fuel system and wiring goin on my 5.3 turbo foxbody. I been doin alot of searching on running a dbc tb on the 58x reluctor. and to my knowledge the only way to run a cable style tb is to run a ls1 ecu and lingenfelter convertor box. my question is does the new holley efi systems have the capability to run the 58x with a cable instead of dbw. I am really not wanting to use the dbw setup. thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I can use cable tb and my regular pedal with my 58x motor. just wanna be sure before I spend 2000$ n not b sure

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yep, just about any standalone except some very model specific plug and play systems will let you turn off any system you don't need. There are quite a few systems that can run the 58X system - Holley's not the only one to support this, as variants of the 58X trigger have been used by different manufacturers since the '80s. Besides fuel and the ignition control, what else will you need the ECU to run on this car?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ecu only needs to run engine really. but what other options do I have as far as other fuel injection systems

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I have two engines running this combo. No problems.

Tim

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most of the major EFI companies have something for LS motors - here's ours:

http://www.diyautotune.com/ms3-pro.html

It doesn't support drive by wire, but it can control continuously variable valve timing if you happen to pick up a VVT motor.
mine was a vvt/afm motor but I deleted all that garbage to get it back to normal. how does ur ms3 compare to holleys system

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Holley.

One gets driven everyday. I mess with the tune about once a year.
Other is in my car no real issues works like it should and is consistent

Tim

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
Anyone using DBW?with a turbo? I have everything for my Dominator system except the intake/throttle body and need to decide?.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tune one with a 58X wheel and linkage. 422 LSX TT 7675'2 that's been 7.7's in 1/4 @ 3600 lbs and is fully streetable. There are no issues.
using dominator or hp?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
should I go with hp or dominator ecu? here is the one I am looking at is this the correct one http://m.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-550-603/

If your looking to buy what you have posted, i would caution you not to buy from turn and burn place like summit or jegs... and to buy from an actual dealer like Derek @ Modern Speed if you looking into the holley unit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will definitely buy from a sponsor on here just curious make sure I had right thing I was lookin at here.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
mine was a vvt/afm motor but I deleted all that garbage to get it back to normal. how does ur ms3 compare to holleys system
I'll compare the MS3-Pro to the Holley HP, as this one is closest in price. Both of them are fully sealed ECUs with self tuning capabilities for fuel, sequential fuel injection, and full support of the 58X LS ignition, and both have two knock sensor inputs.

Price with generic harness: $1199 for the MS3-Pro, $1575.95 for the Holley HP

LS drop on harnesses: Currently available for the Holley HP, in development for the MS3-Pro

Traction control: Built in on MS3-Pro, uses external module on all Holley variants

Boost control: Both can do open or closed loop.

Launch control: Both allow a 2 and 3 step rev limiter. MS3-Pro can also control a trans brake, variable launch input for the 2-step mode, and trans brake creep for turbo staging.

Staged injection (V8): Standard on the MS3-Pro, available on Holley Dominator but not HP

Extra input channels: The MS3-Pro has 3 analog, 4 switched, and 3 high frequency switched inputs. Holley HP has 4 general purpose inputs.

Extra output channels: MS3-Pro has 8, Holley HP has 4.

Wideband controller support: External on MS3-Pro, internal on Holley

Nitrous stages: 2 on MS3-Pro, 4 on Holley - Both can run progressive.

Internal data logging: 8 GB on MS3-Pro, 4 GB on Holley

Individual cylinder trim: Holley uses a fixed amount for each cylinder. MS3-Pro uses 6 x 6 individual trim tables.

Load methods: Holley supports speed density or alpha-N. MS3-Pro supports speed density, alpha-N, and MAF.

Diagnostics: Both offer some level of check engine functionality. The MS3-Pro is capable of detecting failed MAP or cam sensors and entering a fall-back mode automatically. The fallback for a failed MAP sensor does require tuning.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,640 Posts
Individual cylinder trim: Holley uses a fixed amount for each cylinder. MS3-Pro uses 6 x 6 individual trim tables.
Interesting you posted this.

Accel Gen 7 also supports this with a nice table.

I spoke to Doug about this a while back, there didn't seem to be many people looking for this particular feature at the time.

Holley should be able to release a newer version of the software in it at some point if enough people ask for this feature. The hardware should support it. Should just be a matter of adding it to the software.

Would have to hear from Doug about the feasibility of that (software and hardware).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts