Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave Since MIR and Cecil are matching rules, is this possible to?

From MIR's rules..

"FORMAT:
This is an 1/8 mile heads-up class run on a .400 pro tree with a pro ladder. X275 is a normally a qualified 8-Car field, but may be run as a

16-Car field at select events. Courtesy staging and autostart is in effect. There will also be another class called “The Shootout” for qualifiers #9-16,
and it will be run on a pro ladder. This allows non-qualifiers to compete for additional points and a place to race. (At larger events 2 – 16 car fields

or all-run format may be used)"

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
Dave Since MIR and Cecil are matching rules, is this possible to?

From MIR's rules..

"FORMAT:
This is an 1/8 mile heads-up class run on a .400 pro tree with a pro ladder. X275 is a normally a qualified 8-Car field, but may be run as a

16-Car field at select events. Courtesy staging and autostart is in effect. There will also be another class called “The Shootout” for qualifiers #9-16,

and it will be run on a pro ladder. This allows non-qualifiers to compete for additional points and a place to race. (At larger events 2 – 16 car fields

or all-run format may be used)"
Well here's how that goes.If we make a 16 car field first round losers will get nothing back. Second round will get $100. Now if we split the class into 2 field I can't pay the winner of the second field more then first round loser of the first field. So it would be $100 for the winner and maybe 50 for runner up.

This is all fine but to me I would take a chance at the big payout but thats just me.I believe the way to do is before 2 qualifier take a vote majority wins.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave - That works... I guess it will boil down to if the bottom 8 want the cash vrs have some fun and make passes.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
I have always liked the two fields-it works well & everybody is racing, I like how there can be two winners on the same night!

·
X275
420 Posts
I second the 2 field setup. That away if you dont make it in the top 8 , you atleast get a chance to run your car to make some test hits at the very least.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the idea too. MIR only has a 100 payout for the winner of the shootout this year anyway.
Thats one of the good things, makes sandbaggin so you can win the shootout not worth it.

It gives the guys who dont qualify a place/chance to do some racing...

Lots of people wont drive out if theyre gonna go home after qualifying - helps keep car count high

·
Registered
782 Posts
It works out great at MIR, one of the main reasons Jason does it this way is so it is only (3) rounds of eliminations. You're running the same amount of cars through but once elimations start you only have (2) cool down periods instead of (3) so he is able to cut an hour or so off the race. Works out real nice on Friday nights when the finals are run at Midnight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts