Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We watched Dateline and they had a 'set up' in a restraunt where a woman was all bruised and her boyfriend was abusing her , they were trying to see if anyone would step in.

It was very interesting how people just sat there and watched. Only one big guy, who was walking past the table , when the BF grabbed her arm and tried jerking her out of the chair, he pushed the guy away from her, and then the camera crew jumped in.

My wife knows how I am, and knows I couldn't sit there and watch this happen. She asked me " What about your gun?" ,,My reply " I'd hand it to you under the table before I stepped in" ,, I'd ask the guy to leave and tell him I have already called the Police and my wife is holding a gun on you and she's a crack shot"

Opinions?? What do you think should happen/What would you do??

·
Senior Frog
10,316 Posts
Playing the hero sometimes can get your ass killed ........I read a story once where I guy stepped in to help a woman
who was getting harrased by her BF on the street and ended up getting his ass stomped by both the chic and the BF......As a bystander you do not have the facts of whats really happening......You do not know exactly whats
really happening your only seeing a small portion of whats all going on
As someone who was raised in NYC and has seen his share of weirdness my credo is simple,nice guys finish last.........

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Just get up and call the police. Eastiest and safest thing to do. OR use your cell phone and call the police.

·
Registered
330 Posts
As enjoyable as it would be pounding the shit out of the abuser, you don't know the complete story and you just might end up getting stabbed, shot or worse. Best thing to do is call the police.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Playing the hero sometimes can get your ass killed ........I read a story once where I guy stepped in to help a woman
who was getting harassed by her BF on the street and ended up getting his ass stomped by both the chic and the BF......As a bystander you do not have the facts of whats really happening......You do not know exactly whats
really happening your only seeing a small portion of whats all going on
As someone who was raised in NYC and has seen his share of weirdness my credo is simple,nice guys finish last.........
agreed with above 3,like i told my wife ,to many people who try to help get into more shit later.when the girlfriend/boy friend decides to sue you for beating on the guy... call the cops.its their job.and unfortunately in this day and age.its the most you can do
unless of coarse it is a life threatening situation,and then you better be sure.....

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Just get up and call the police. Eastiest and safest thing to do. OR use your cell phone and call the police.
This trying to be a hero, although it would be rewarding to smack down a woman beater, is not a good idea. The police would do a lot better in the situation than you. The laws protect the criminal these days, even when you have witnesses. It's not worth the legal trouble unless he was actually beating her or trying to kill her right then and there.

If the guy you talked about was just stopping him then that's fine but it would do no good if he didn't call the police as well. You never know what you're up against when dealing with a person like that. Having a firearm only makes things more complicated, but your idea to hand it to your wife was a good one if it came down to you having to step in. Getting into a physical altercation while armed is a bad idea, your gun could end up in the wrong hands.

Let the police handle it.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,588 Posts
Unless something bad is going down it always better to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

Shannon

·
Registered
897 Posts
its hard to say what you would do till you are in that position.
very true, in that given situation i would call police and be a good witness. now if he was beating her up in front of everyone,slapping ,punching,kicking.yes I would stop it.probably with pepper spray. hard to sue me when you cant see who ktfoed you...lol but iam from the midwest so maybe I have a differnt point of view than someone from new york or LA. :rolleyes:

·
102,312 Posts
Domestic violence calls are one of the controversial calls we go to. I have City PD friends who show up to a DV call and one of the partners is all beat to hell and they are the ones that caled them, and won't press charges.

This is just the reason you won't see one officer at a DV call by himself. If you do, try and get an insurance policy put on him quick. It won't be long before you collect.

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After reading the replies, I guess calling the PD would be the best answer,,unless it was physical.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Domestic violence calls are one of the controversial calls we go to. I have City PD friends who show up to a DV call and one of the partners is all beat to hell and they are the ones that caled them, and won't press charges.

This is just the reason you won't see one officer at a DV call by himself. If you do, try and get an insurance policy put on him quick. It won't be long before you collect.
Thats called true LOVE. I sit and laugh every time I watch cops and that shit goes on. They will get it in the end if they don't eventually leave.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Right is right, wrong is wrong........You call the police, and make sure he doesn't actually hit her or let him force her to leave until the cops show up. Whatever happens from there is on her.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Like any of these types of situations (domestic/public) weigh the odds and decide if you are willing to hang it all on the line.

If the dude starts going ballistic you are gonna have to make a move anyway - just because ;)

·
Registered
981 Posts
It's NBC. I'd change the channel. That's what I'd do.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd hate to say it but some of these bitches deserve a good ass kicking! My ex did and still does, I just couldn't do it.
I agree 100 % but i would not be the one giving it to them.Nor could i stand by as a man and watch some one regard less of the situation beat a woman.Some do need it but not by me.I do beleave i would keep my weapon on my side though.Now if it is two chicks going at it i am pulling up a chair for a front row seat.:smt118

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree 100 % but i would not be the one giving it to them.Nor could i stand by as a man and watch some one regard less of the situation beat a woman.Some do need it but not by me.I do beleave i would keep my weapon on my side though.Now if it is two chicks going at it i am pulling up a chair for a front row seat.:smt118
i couldnt and would not do it either. but i will watch a good cat scratch scuffle "if they were hot"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts