Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have data logged my fuel pressure for a couple of runs and the fuel pressure generally stays within a 1/4 psi the whole run when I smooth the sampling rate to .5 sec. This is with a single fuel pump on the car and spraying a 40 pill thru a Nozzle setup using a 6 port regulator for the nitrous. How does this compare to a Holley 803 for stability??? I have read plenty on the 803 but just wondering what other people are seeing when they data log theres.

·
Super Moderator
12,194 Posts
Rick,
If you are seeing only a 1/4 PSI on the whole graph that's pretty tight. Are you seeing this from the time your staging, to the initial opening of the fuel solenoids at the start of the run, as well as going down track during the run ??? If so, sounds great.. SJ

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sampling rate..

Yes is holds a pretty flat and steady fuel pressure the whole run. It drops 1/2 psi upon activation and stays there. If you go to real-time data it shows 1psi drop at activation for less than a .1 sec before it recovers. I set the sample rate on the graph to .5 sec(2 per/sec) after the data is downloaded and it shows a more realistic graph. It samples at 12 times per sec so it shows the pulsing from the pump which makes it look choppy. When the sample rate is at 2 per sec., the graph and data is much cleaner and easier to read. Wasn't sure if my data rate was a realistic comparison to others. Glad to hear that less than a 1/4 psi was good. Never had any issues with tune-ups but thought since there is alot of data floating around here that I would compare mine with others. I'll stick with my regulator and won't go thru the trouble of changing it. Especially since my car runs off a single pump and if the Holley is more sensative, it may not like the pressure drop from the carb draw running down the track. Thanks for the feedback Steve.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Rick,

What data system are you using? If you are only sampling it at 12 hz you are missing a ton of what is really going on. If you are then smoothing that data as well thats insane.

I would log it at 50hz and try not to smooth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts