Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to come and try my new combination in ultimate street at Bradenton in October. I don't have a factory dash nor do I have carpet not trying to get around anything when I was building my truck no one offered a dash and mine was trashed so I put a aluminum dash. I could lay some lightweight carpet to get by if needed. I don't want to drive hundreds of miles and then cannot race Thanks in advance

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
Not my call, but I would say no to the dash. Hit the junk yard, grab a dash, gut the shit out of it and bolt it in.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
Goff you have a pm....

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the rules it says factory style dashes accepted it doesn't say its required but says must have carpet I can put light carpet in without issues

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
You are correct, that means if you buy a carbon fiber dash for a Camaro or Mustang or something and put it in your truck you are good to go. I'm not gonna get into whether the rule is stupid or not, it is intended to keep out the old square sheetmetal dashes you would see in the older chassis cars. Got to look like a street car. ;)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are correct, that means if you buy a carbon fiber dash for a Camaro or Mustang or something and put it in your truck you are good to go. I'm not gonna get into whether the rule is stupid or not, it is intended to keep out the old square sheetmetal dashes you would see in the older chassis cars. Got to look like a street car. ;)

You would think that if it was cut and dry it would say factory style dashes only and my dash is similar looking but is powder coated black with gauges

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Im totally against the carpet rule. Fire hazard. dash, not so much. a gutted dash weighs nothing.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im totally against the carpet rule. Fire hazard. dash, not so much. a gutted dash weighs nothing.
Exactly a gutted dash is no different than a aluminum dash except looks. I think it would look stupid with a shell sitting over my aluminum dash but might have to

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm not saying it's a national ruling but if you came and ran with us you better have carpet and a factory style dash in it. Didn't say which car though.

but that's just how we interpret the rules.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not saying it's a national ruling but if you came and ran with us you better have carpet and a factory style dash in it. Didn't say which car though.

but that's just how we interpret the rules.
I'm guessing that the tow vehicle has carpet and factory dash lmao

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Also doesn't say how much carpet . carry a little patch with you inside the car.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Just make sure you don't have any decals because this is all about looking like street cars....LOL:rolleyes:

·
Registered
584 Posts
i put my floor mats from my truck in my car and it was fine...ridiculus rule in my opinion

·
Registered
438 Posts
What about mud flaps? Required for street use?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm new to trying this class I guess there are things that have went on that I have no clue about just trying to see if I can race

1 - 20 of 24 Posts