Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just informed that Dart will be having a price increase of 3% and on the SHP blocks the increase is 8% and on the SHP heads there will be a 15% increase these increases will take affect January 01/2014.

Get with your Dart dealer to save money before the prices go up.

Also the SHP block and SHP PRO block they will be available with 400 mains in the near future.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't they do this last January also ?
They did have an increase last year but I don't know if it was in January.

·
Registered
614 Posts
8% increase on the blocks and 15% on the heads, jeezus, thats a good chunk of change right there to jump up. I thought the whole point of the shp was to be affordable? Soon enough itll be priced close to a little m.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
8% increase on the blocks and 15% on the heads, jeezus, thats a good chunk of change right there to jump up. I thought the whole point of the shp was to be affordable? Soon enough itll be priced close to a little m.
That might be the point! Most racers probably figured out the SHP was all they needed, and quit buying the other blocks!

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
HaHa! Wish my pay would have gone up in the past 5 years!
Damn you got that right !! Seems like pricing rises on
"EVERYTHING" anually on a regular basis...it would be great if wage followed accordingly but that's a laugh :rolleyes:, only solution is too work harder/longer....

It must be nice to be able to wake up in the morning and say...." I think I'll raise my prices today because I know peep's will still nut up for my product......anually"

I'm an Idiot !

:-D

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Damn you got that right !! Seems like pricing rises on
"EVERYTHING" anually on a regular basis...it would be great if wage followed accordingly but that's a laugh :rolleyes:, only solution is too work harder/longer....

It must be nice to be able to wake up in the morning and say...." I think I'll raise my prices today because I know peep's will still nut up for my product......anually"

I'm an Idiot !

:-D
Maybe I'm just a working class loser, but eventually the bottom will fallout in my opinion. The average blue collar person is not getting 3%-8% raises every year, some years they get nothing.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 8% is only on the SHP blocks and the 15% is only on the SHP heads.

I have had to go up on some of my prices as my power bill has gone up and carbide inserts have gone out of site over the last 8 years or so and shipping has not gone down any either.

·
Registered
541 Posts
have to ask is ur source good for info like this and I guess any dart dealer will be raising there price as well.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
have to ask is ur source good for info like this and I guess any dart dealer will be raising there price as well.
I am a W/D for Dart and this info came right from Dart.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can count on two things, taxes and Dart will have a price increase every year.
I do quite a bit with the GM Bowtie blocks and GM's pricing has been climbing over the last few years. I have seen increases in pistons, cranks, rods, bearings, rings ETC.

·
Super Moderator
35,278 Posts
Lets be thankful that we have a company like dart offering products some of which haven't been matched in quality and design by others. Without Dart blocks for instance, I think the industry would not be the same... Easy to say I guess, but there have been attempts along the way to rival and even duplicate and here we are using Dart in most of our niche'.

The prices are not going up as much as the dollar is going down with a compounding effect as the result in terms of all areas such as shipping, materials, business costs etc etc etc..... It all goes up as the dollar shrinks... Consider that.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Maybe I'm just a working class loser, but eventually the bottom will fallout in my opinion. The average blue collar person is not getting 3%-8% raises every year, some years they get nothing.

I totally agree, with you and Chris.......... the bottom line is, Most everybody, this is a hobby for racing, NOT a necessity, and at the end of the day, racing will take the sideline to what matters most,
Paying bills, keeping your roof over your head, rising health care, gas, Heat, ETC.

Just sucks, as I am not a total dummy and realize that dart has to keep there doors open to and there costs rise daily........

Just think of the over head that place has, Machines, payroll, lights, heat, material, ETC........... just nuts..............

unfortunately It has me to the point I just may have to find a full time job,.... as I am just tired of struggling and putting such a strain on my wife.... luckily she has a good job........ but it still sucks.......

Just my opinion

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
I totally agree, with you and Chris.......... the bottom line is, Most everybody, this is a hobby for racing, NOT a necessity, and at the end of the day, racing will take the sideline to what matters most,
Paying bills, keeping your roof over your head, rising health care, gas, Heat, ETC.

Just sucks, as I am not a total dummy and realize that dart has to keep there doors open to and there costs rise daily........

Just think of the over head that place has, Machines, payroll, lights, heat, material, ETC........... just nuts..............

unfortunately It has me to the point I just may have to find a full time job,.... as I am just tired of struggling and putting such a strain on my wife.... luckily she has a good job........ but it still sucks.......

Just my opinion
You should see some of the people at milan. House payment or slicks and race gas they typically choose to race.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts