Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question on Dart Little M blocks. I just put the motor back in my car today and filled it full of water. I removed the third 1/4 - 20 screw up on the drivers side on the timing cover and water poured out this hole. I place the ground for my water pump on this screw. Water came pouring out this screw like it was a through hole. If anyone has a block sitting around can you let me know if this is a blind hole or a through hole to the coolant. I don't ever remember coolant coming out of this screw before. :confused: Maybe it is a through hole and everytime before I just didn't have coolant in the motor yet. I hate to continue installing this motor today to find out I have something else wrong with my block.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
That hole has always been thru to water.Most guys use a allen head bolt for timing pointer there with pipe thread sealant.

·
Drunk and Disorderly
2,251 Posts
Let me go look

·
Drunk and Disorderly
2,251 Posts
Yup, it goes into a water jacket

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to both of you. I just about shit my pants when I took that screw out and water came shooting out like some one turn on tha faucet.:smt023 I just had the block welded when a boss broke off I thought I might have missed some other damage. I'll be able to sleep tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts