Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling timing pointer a thats attached on timing cover like always on sbc. And water cam out? Aren't those blind holes? Sbc dart little m 400 the cheaper one.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I was pulling timing pointer a thats attached on timing cover like always on sbc. And water cam out? Aren't those blind holes? Sbc dart little m 400 the cheaper one.

Those holes in most cases go into the water jackets

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,744 Posts
Cheaper one?

Only knew of one Dart Little M.

Unless you are talking about the SHP block, which is not a Little M.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No little little m. Not shp. But i believe they have 2 little m blocks cheap one has only 2 bolts on front and back main caps other have 4 each

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,744 Posts
They have Little M with two different types of main caps, but the block is the same. I have the splayed billet caps in mine.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
My Little M has 1 hole into the water jacket, one that holds the pointer. Have it marked so I can remember to put sealer on it,

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
imagine that ........ not on the inferior World Block . :)

Lifter bores are never correct. line bored mains, cam tunnel uses three different size cam bearings, Come through filled with epoxy because of porous castings LOL

I don't mind putting a little sealer on the threads of a bolt.....

Look at this mess two blocks in row some of the dowels stayed in the block and some stayed in the caps, NOW THAT'S QUALITY.

Exhaust lifter bores would not clean up from .842 to .904 NOW THAT'S QUALITY

·
Registered
23,793 Posts
Lifter bores are never correct. line bored mains, cam tunnel uses three different size cam bearings, Come through filled with epoxy because of porous castings LOL

I don't mind putting a little sealer on the threads of a bolt.....

Look at this mess two blocks in row some of the dowels stayed in the block and some stayed in the caps, NOW THAT'S QUALITY.
No issues with lifter bores on my block , so thats not true .

And the dowels are not pressed in , so why would they stay in the block ?

And how many other companies use dowels in the main caps to compare with ?

Not to mention , the pic you posted is blurry , but looks like a lot of cap walk .

Tune related , not the blocks fault .

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
No issues with lifter bores on my block , so thats not true .

And the dowels are not pressed in , so why would they stay in the block ?

And how many other companies use dowels in the main caps to compare with ?

Not to mention , the pic you posted is blurry , but looks like a lot of cap walk .

Tune related , not the blocks fault .

How did you check the lifter bores???

Aluminum blocks use dowels. Dart, GM Bowtie, Ford Motorsports blocks use the press of the register.

No cap walk just soap from the jet washer.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
The holes in the caps are exactly the same size as the block , so why wouldnt some stay in the caps and some stay in the block ?

Should the dowel fit looser in the caps ? :smt102

I have seen on World blocks where some caps fit tight over the dowels and some fit loose.. How do you tighten up the loose ones ?? I have seen some main lines that looked threaded.

Remember World farms their machine work out its not done in house.

That's why they wold never take a block back when I problem. World cost me a lot of money fixing their screw ups.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts