Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Have a 436 SBC, its been 5 years since i touched my car do to health, now i feel better, thinking about max effort with this block, street/strip, more strip when available, Block is Dart been shaved to 8.9 clean up, 4.165 bore, 4" callies crank, 6" oliver rods, allpro 245 heads shaved once. I want to upgrade Crank,or Rods how far can i go with block. Figure this is the last year before upgrade. Please don't ask why i'm doing this just something i want to do. Thanks

·
Pipe Rack Pilot
1,162 Posts
You need an Iron Eagle block first if you really want to upgrade you combination. Raised cam to clear the rods.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying guys, I did alot of reading on the site last night about different combinations, I have a duel stage nitrous plate I want to add in the equation,it has a 600 shot and i dont think i can give all,I know i would half to change my piston design because i have diamond HP piston in it now, I believe they were talking about the wrist pin location, with the 6" rods,I know this is a old combo and maybe someone have mastered the design, I know a tall deck is the way to go, thats my plan, but i want to master this setup. from what i read they are saying 4.185 bore and a 5.85 or so stroke is all the block can take with a 400 shot of nos, to stay on the safe side, I have a 3000lb nova with me in it i wanna go im happy if i can go 4sec time.

·
35,217 Posts
The block can support what you want to do... just a matter of the fact that it won't be optimal. However, if you're stuck on that block, we don't have to operate in an optimal world.... it can work. But the cam core will be small... rods will be short due to the piston design and the crank counter weights will be small requiring more money in balance work.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Dude, 632 BBC or LS are better choices. Sell what you have and put that with the money you were going to piss away rebuilding what you have and save the rest. You will get the engine running about the same time and it will do more than the SBC maxed out. JMO, but been there, done that too many times with other peoples money whose dream did not hold up to goal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts