Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dart is having a price increase of 3% March 1st, on everything across the board so basicly its 30.00 on a 1000.00

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, is 60 bucks on a 2000 dollar block going to change anyones engine build plans?
Chris

With some guys I have talked to that seems to be alot of money. some guys seem to be on a very tight budget.

·
Super Moderator
35,334 Posts
I guess to some it could be a lot of money. I don't think it should steer anyone differently though, they should just take a little more time to save IMHO.

·
I like IceCream
11,026 Posts
I would just buy it this month at the current price is 60bucks is too much. I think that is why Carl posted it. If you are thinking about it, now is the time. Price is going up soon. ;)

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
I guess to some it could be a lot of money. I don't think it should steer anyone differently though, they should just take a little more time to save IMHO.
I'm with you Chris.

If $60 is a lot of money, one probably shouldn't be buying a $2000 block.

·
Let the Clutch Out
17,708 Posts
"If $60 is a lot of money, one probably shouldn't be buying a $2000 block. "

I guess its time to step out and go back to stock Blocks and heads.....

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
The point is $60.00 here, another $50.00 here, then another $40.00 there all from price increases add up. Not everyone is rich enough to say price increases mean nothing. Some of us have not had a raise in 3-4 years. The price of everything has gone up. In the end though, if you can't afford to buy a $20,000.00 engine outright in cash, you can't afford to build one from scratch. It takes money to run a buisiness, prices increases are the only way to stay afloat, or maintain a certain price margain.

·
Let the Clutch Out
17,708 Posts
The point is $60.00 here, another $50.00 here, then another $40.00 there all from price increases add up. Not everyone is rich enough to say price increases mean nothing. Some of us have not had a raise in 3-4 years. The price of everything has gone up. In the end though, if you can't afford to buy a $20,000.00 engine outright in cash, you can't afford to build one from scratch. It takes money to run a buisiness, prices increases are the only way to stay afloat, or maintain a certain price margain.
Very well put , shit some of us havn't Worked in a year :smt103 Hopefully soon tho :)

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
"If $60 is a lot of money, one probably shouldn't be buying a $2000 block. "

I guess its time to step out and go back to stock Blocks and heads.....
Is my statement not true? If someone is building a car with less than a 3% margin on costs, you're not going to end up being able to finish it because there's always things that pop up that add to the total cost of the build.

Their blocks have cost the same for like 10 years while material and labor costs have increased. They aren't hitting anybody with $60 for the heck of it. It probably should have been a lot more than that and/or done years ago.

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Chris

With some guys I have talked to that seems to be alot of money. some guys seem to be on a very tight budget.
Yep. My family of 3 can eat for a week on 60 bucks. lol A weeks worth of food is alot when you live in MD, and only make 35 G's a year. It wont change my plans. It will hold them off for an extra month or so though. Possibly make me go with a different brand if theyre cheaper.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts