888 Posts
SBC
4.200" recommended
4.250" has been done many times

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a buddy who has one for 1000 bucks thats at 4.195 right now, and he seems to think it needs a sleeve in number 6 hole, i havent looked at it yet, but i have a cola 4 in crank and sb2 heads.....and know this would be better then the 509 blocks i have now.....thanks for the info

·
Registered
49,441 Posts
i have a buddy who has one for 1000 bucks thats at 4.195 right now, and he seems to think it needs a sleeve in number 6 hole, i havent looked at it yet, but i have a cola 4 in crank and sb2 heads.....and know this would be better then the 509 blocks i have now.....thanks for the info
Hard to say on the sleeve without seeing it. If thats the case, sleeving down a bit will help keep the deck to head bolt interface happy.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much is the small base circle cam going to hurt the engine or engine life?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Although the blind headbolt hole should provide some resistance to cracking, installing a sleeve into a block with a 4.200 bore means the sleeve OD is at least 4.300. I would think at that point you would be within a few thousandths of the threads. Not a good investment IMHO.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
The SB2 will have a lot on the rocker side, the smaller base will not be the best, but plenty run well.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not 100 percent sure about the sleeve, and why couldnt i sleeve it back down to a 4.125 bore? whats the goin price for these blocks, raised cam and spread rail?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts