Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ran into different bolt spacing issues between the front bolt bosses from side to side? I was planning on moving my crank trigger from the pass side to the drivers to install a low mount alt on the pass side. The alt bracket kit is reversible from side to side so I thought this was an easy switch. The spacing on the passenger side is about 1/8 inch narrower. Neither bracket will work on the opposite side.

On a factory BBC these are the same, I call Dart and they said they should be the same 'but they have heard of this issue before and the their prints show them the same, sorry cannot help you'.

They are clearly not the same.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I call Dart and they said they should be the same 'but they have heard of this issue before and the their prints show them the same, sorry cannot help you'.
^^^^^^ Thats the Typical ""Dart"" LAME A$$ Excuse ! ^^^^^^

·
Registered
164 Posts
Those bolt holes are not the same on both sides. The spacing is also different left and right. Left side the bolt spacing is about 2.25". Right side is a bit over 2.125".

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder what the logic in that is to deviate from factory BBC measurements

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wonder what the logic in that is to deviate from factory BBC measurements
They didn't. The factory bolt spacing is, as stated above, asymetrical. The drawing above is straight from "Chevy Power" and shows a factory block drawing. You can clearly see the bolt pattern is different on each side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts