Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
heard its real lazy n/a.but from the look of your car the wouldnt matter.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I am running them myself, Dart Big M, I had them CNC'ed, chamber and exhaust, just cleaned intake runner, Dart did work, they flowed 447 @ 800 after work. The motor made, 609CID, 1000 @ 7100, and 773 @ 5600. It went dead fat @ 7100, carb too small, played with Emulsions after install, don't really know what outcome was. As far as 23 degree stuff I would say some potential is there. Used T&D shafts and they took custom intake stands to get the geometry correct, .100 taller and .250 back......

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running them myself, Dart Big M, I had them CNC'ed, chamber and exhaust, just cleaned intake runner, Dart did work, they flowed 447 @ 800 after work. The motor made, 609CID, 1000 @ 7100, and 773 @ 5600. It went dead fat @ 7100, carb too small, played with Emulsions after install, don't really know what outcome was. As far as 23 degree stuff I would say some potential is there. Used T&D shafts and they took custom intake stands to get the geometry correct, .100 taller and .250 back......
A standard BBC rocker won't fit, they say it's supposed to.

·
Super Moderator
35,272 Posts
Curious also.... that head will want some piston speed... ie, stroke. But depends on the ultimate combination n/a, nitrous etc...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have a set that we angle milled ,put bigger intake valve ,smaller exhaust .They did mid 450s on the bench.Its a 632 did 1150 hp with 2 dominators .runs 4.70s in 2550 car .

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not to take anything away from you guys, but those numbers seem weak for a 400cc+ cylinder head...
Thats area in big m head pretty common ,i was disappointed as hell when they were on flow bench and on dyno but they cant get enough valve in them in my oppinion.A good set of ported 360s will make similar numbers.I asked foltz about what he thought and he didnt think they were out of line on numbers .

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not to take anything away from you guys, but those numbers seem weak for a 400cc+ cylinder head...
This engine was done around 1997 if i remember right.There are definately better conventional heads out there now ......guys are doing 500cfm on conventional heads now from what i hear. I would never build a 632 for myself and not use a big chief type casting have done 1450hp with 14 deg and theres stronger heads than that available

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Im running them on my 598. dart only makes a single plane intake for the 410 head. I had dart custom make a tunnel ram for me.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
no way it will work. if you sit in on the motor the intake ports on the heads will be a good 1/8" taller than the top of the intake flange!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
The intake ports are much larger than a 1275. The only people who make intake gaskets are dart and cheep Mr gasket ones, stay away from the mr gasket ones thay are just paper.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts