Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the cnc super victor intake runners are matched to the fel-pro 1275 gasket. but the cnc355 heads call for the mr gasket 121 gasket.
1275= 1.820x2.540
the 121=1.750x2,500 and these are the dimensions on the head. what do you do in this case? the intake runners bigger than the head

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
you'd have to weld the intake up a little and port match it or sell it and start with a untouched intake.

·
Registered
274 Posts
my cnc super victor was an exact match to the ports on my 355 cnc and my new 380 cnc heads.I used 1275-5 gaskets to get the ports to align perfect??

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
my cnc super victor was an exact match to the ports on my 355 cnc and my new 380 cnc heads.I used 1275-5 gaskets to get the ports to align perfect??
i needed the 1275-5's to make it so my intake wasn't sitting on the block. for whatever reason my 355's had an extra .060 removed?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Why not just open the entry of the head a little to match... no need to go to far in, just enough to blend it????
not sure if its a good idea messing with the heads window i would run that by a head porter first.from what the others say it sounds like its gonna maybe work out.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Not a head expert, but Dart said match the manifold to the head, not vice versa.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is from edelbrocks site
•​
INTAKE GASKETS: As cast manifolds will fit well with
Fel-Pro #1211 intake gaskets. CNC versions are

matched to Fel-Pro #1275 gaskets
i just cant see people not running the cnc super victor with the 355s because the ports to big?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Dennis did you measure this or going by what You read?

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dennis did you measure this or going by what You read?
i called edelbrock they said port matched to the 1275 gasket. i measured the 355 heads they were 1.760x2.500 i called dart and they said the same thing maybe epoxy the runners i asked them why the small ports on the heads because my 325 pro-1s are even bigger than the cnc, his answer was thats the gasket they had when they designed the heads but i dont believe that, not saying bigger is better fel-pro dont even make a gasket that small from what i seen

·
Registered
725 Posts
i called edelbrock they said port matched to the 1275 gasket. i measured the 355 heads they were 1.760x2.500 i called dart and they said the same thing maybe epoxy the runners i asked them why the small ports on the heads because my 325 pro-1s are even bigger than the cnc, his answer was thats the gasket they had when they designed the heads but i dont believe that, not saying bigger is better fel-pro dont even make a gasket that small from what i seen
Who did you talk to at Dart?

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who did you talk to at Dart?
i just asked to talk to tech, not sure who it was, but he didnt seem to be real sure of himself when he was talking about it. im going to call reher morrison monday and ask them what they do,because they run the cnc version with the 355s on their 565 super series.

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
i just asked to talk to tech, not sure who it was, but he didnt seem to be real sure of himself when he was talking about it. im going to call reher morrison monday and ask them what they do,because they run the cnc version with the 355s on their 565 super series.
denn,how did this turn out??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts