Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
All of us that put on a helmet, that pull those belts down tight and compete in almost any form of Motorsport know what the risk's are and know what could happen. We accept the fact that the kiss we get from our loved ones could be our last. We realize that this lap or pass could be our last. But, we still do it, we still take that chance, we still make that decision to go ahead and do what we love to do. Today we lost another of our friends. It doesn't matter if you knew Dan Weldon or not, he shared the passion we all share, the thrill of speed and competition and danger. The rush you get from that launch or fast lap is uncomparable to any drug, drink or any other artificial high. Let us celebrate his life and victories and remember him in that way. God Speed, Dan Weldon.

·
Registered
271 Posts
he knew the risk and some will not understand what we do but we lost another rest in peace for those who understand what we do give respect

·
T/S 368E
31,237 Posts

Never heard of the guy, but they said he cut back on racing for his wife and new baby's, so this is especially hard!!

Best wishes to his friends & family on their huge loss!!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Any time motorsports has a loss like that it its home. I didn't follow Indy car other than in May but hate to hear of someone getting killed. I do know he was a pretty good racer and will be missed.
R.I.P. Prayers go out to his family.

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
All of us that put on a helmet, that pull those belts down tight and compete in almost any form of Motorsport know what the risk's are and know what could happen. We accept the fact that the kiss we get from our loved ones could be our last. We realize that this lap or pass could be our last. But, we still do it, we still take that chance, we still make that decision to go ahead and do what we love to do. Today we lost another of our friends. It doesn't matter if you knew Dan Weldon or not, he shared the passion we all share, the thrill of speed and competition and danger. The rush you get from that launch or fast lap is uncomparable to any drug, drink or any other artificial high. Let us celebrate his life and victories and remember him in that way. God Speed, Dan Weldon.

Very well said.

·
Registered
81 Posts
AGREED!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
It is funny people I work with have been asking me all day "are you still going to race" and "do you still want to be a race car driver"?

I ask them, does the pope wear a funny hat? Yes I am and will until the day I can't afford it or physically can't do it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
RIP Dan...very sad he will be missed...but the open wheel racecar with wheel to wheel racing when they make contact it appears to act like a catapult when the tires come in contact..very little to protect the drivers upper body..
Terry

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Godspeed Dan.....................................................................

·
Registered
37 Posts
Although every racer fully understands the inherent dangers of motorsport ... yesterday was a sudden and tragic end to the IndyCar season.

RIP Dan Wheldon. You were a hard-charging champion that left us far too soon.

You left a rather large footprint on the racing map ... and everyone who pulls down hard on the belts ... aspires to do the same!

Condolences to your grieving family, friends and fans...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts