Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On top of the "usual" 68 year old shit, my joint pain pretty much from head to foot (was told this summer it's "systemic" as in Lupus or Lyme disease, etc, only blood tests show nothing.........)

fell down this summer and injured my left wrist and tore up my right shoulder, on top of already having long term injury to my left shoulder, so now they BOTH are fucked up

And just this weekend fell down with my right arm clipping the foot of the engine stand on the way down, the fall jarred the livin SHIT out of me, I bet I laid there for 5 minutes before I could get up.....and put a big damn 3" gouge in my forearm RIGHT where I like to rest it on the arm of the chair.......

AND NOW JUST NOW the middle joint of my left "finger" started to fuckin' ay hurt intensely (arthritis)

I HATE THIS SHIT

You might be able to see the growth that's occurred in the joint

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Yeh, yeh. I've already outlived a few of my friends and classmates.
A year on you, been through stage 4 cancer, aches, pains, hernia surgeries, spinal injections, fucking arthritis, carcinoma removals (one three weeks ago with graft) Made it through the Viet mess
and sleep like shit. I have allergies that drive me crazy but man I'm happy to be alive. My days are running short so I keep on trudging. And bitching.Lmao

·
Registered
14,899 Posts
I know its easy to say, do not let that pain slow you down. The hardest thing my dad 90 has had to face has been, He has buried almost everyone he raced with. He raced flat track motorcycle till he was 74. He retired from his day job at 60 and just kept chugging along.
Keep moving

·
Registered
20,690 Posts
At 70 I notice when I bump, bust, cut, etc it takes longer to regenerate-but in true hot rod style, I just
duct tape it together and keep going-in the garage yesterday welding in new rockers, sheet metal on my
70 C10, thinking why the hell am I still doing this shit, lol. Gotta do some work on my turbo car to.
When I paint a car, I wrap my arm up tight with duct tape in order to hold the paint gun, tore up the bicep
in the Gym, really helps in hold the gun doing roof, hood and trunk, lol.
Us old farts still get more done in an hour than 1gary has done in a lifetime, lol.
Next week I visit John Hopkins for my semi anal checkup, 7 prostate biops. and 2 Mir's. still hanging
tough. Still better than looking at grass roots for now.

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
Fatigue and pain, the only constants in being old it seems to me. But, as someone else said, just keep moving. When you stop, you die.

·
Registered
33,543 Posts
On top of the "usual" 68 year old shit, my joint pain pretty much from head to foot (was told this summer it's "systemic" as in Lupus or Lyme disease, etc, only blood tests show nothing.........)

fell down this summer and injured my left wrist and tore up my right shoulder, on top of already having long term injury to my left shoulder, so now they BOTH are fucked up

And just this weekend fell down with my right arm clipping the foot of the engine stand on the way down, the fall jarred the livin SHIT out of me, I bet I laid there for 5 minutes before I could get up.....and put a big damn 3" gouge in my forearm RIGHT where I like to rest it on the arm of the chair.......

AND NOW JUST NOW the middle joint of my left "finger" started to fuckin' ay hurt intensely (arthritis)

I HATE THIS SHIT

You might be able to see the growth that's occurred in the joint

Could be Gout?

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gout is part of my problem according to blood tests, and I take "Allpurinal" or ?spelling? This though seems to be calcium / etc growth. It didn't bother me much at all until suddenly last night no warning. I did not injure it that I know of.

Just called and to see my "new Doc" (another story) on the 25th. Look at finger, check my arm and probably X ray it where I fell, and follow up on my shoulder I hurt.

I had recently seen a young lady "over there" that had a cancellation. It took me 2 minutes to figure out I wanted her for my Doc!!! But she is "loaded up" and is fact trying to "step back" from so many patients. But she insisted there's a new guy coming that is excellent, and he is supposed to be my new Doc. She recommended him highly. So, we'll see.

(My old Doc died about 3? years ago, I have seen about 3 others in between)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.