Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
It looked like it unloaded the rear when it dropped the front end back down. At that point and speed he had no chance to react. But he did a great job having the presence of mind to pull the chute.

·
Registered
27 Posts
car drove out of the grove, Dale seen it going right as well as you can see it for your self going right, Dale let it go as far as he could but he turned the wheel to the left while the car was in the air, when he let off the throttle, wheelie bars came up, front end came down with the front wheels turned, it instantly shot the front end to the left and bounced, now the car is back in the air but going left, at this point in slow mo he might of had time to correct, in real time he had about no time to correct. With the speed he was climbing it instantly threw the front end to the left and at that point he was along for the ride when the left rear tire got off the ground its all over but the end. White tape dead in the middle of the steering wheel will fix this. Just watch the pass and look at the direction of the car, the left rear wheel had more bite and it just pushed the car to the right. Wreck looked like it was way worst than just a broken foot. Hope you feel better. Here is a lesson for all the guys that drive down the track with the front wheels up; keep the wheel straight!

·
Registered
982 Posts
car drove out of the grove, Dale seen it going right as well as you can see it for your self going right, Dale let it go as far as he could but he turned the wheel to the left while the car was in the air, when he let off the throttle, wheelie bars came up, front end came down with the front wheels turned, it instantly shot the front end to the left and bounced, now the car is back in the air but going left, at this point in slow mo he might of had time to correct, in real time he had about no time to correct. With the speed he was climbing it instantly threw the front end to the left and at that point he was along for the ride when the left rear tire got off the ground its all over but the end. White tape dead in the middle of the steering wheel will fix this. Just watch the pass and look at the direction of the car, the left rear wheel had more bite and it just pushed the car to the right. Wreck looked like it was way worst than just a broken foot. Hope you feel better. Here is a lesson for all the guys that drive down the track with the front wheels up; keep the wheel straight!
thats not what happen the wheel was straight dales has drove for many of years and has rode many of wheelies and he kept the wheel straight so thats not what caused it and sometimes its hard to get the right set up to keep the nose down when ur making that kind of hp and going that fast

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can watch the rear suspension and see why it went right, when your looking at a slow mo picture it happened about 100 times faster. the only reason a car darts to the left or right after the wheels where in the air is a front tire steer. I have seen these wrecks a few times and both drivers admitted the wheel steer. Dales car was on a pass, the car was driving to the right? why did he lift? because he was driving to the right, what caused it to drive to the right? you can see from the video that the right rear wheelie bar hits and that is exactly when the car started to drive to the right. what happens when the wheelie bar hits on 1 side and not the other? Being I am pretty well known for adjusting chassis, when the right rear gets lifted, the left rear tire steers it right. The is just fact. Now Dale was most likely running well over 160mph and I was told 170 but I don't know. But, when the wheelie bars let up, the front tires hit and the car instantly goes to the left. There was no smoke or fluids anywhere that could be seen so you can rule that out, nothing broke and fell out, so you can rule that out, a tire did not go down, rule that out. It is very easy to have a car going right and move the wheel just a little. It only took maybe 1" to do what it did when you have so much pressure on the front when it comes down and then for it to lift the left rear means the front end just went left. Its nothing to be worried about, it happens in racing. Just a shame it happened on such a killer car as Dales. Its bad when it happens any time to any one. Obviously you are a little close to Dale and being he had your engine with all that power that thing is making its very easy to see how this happened. The video speaks all the facts, I don't really need to see or say any more other than this is a killer lesson on what not to do as a driver. Once again, most people can't even run those mph times in the quarter mile and just the rate of speed the car was excellerating is enough to keep it going for a long time let alone just get out of it and it make a left turn. If you have a better reason why a perfectly good car would take a left turn, lets here it because I want to learn what not to do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
After watching this again, again, again and again, I also noticed that the wreck was complicated by the left rear tire being all the way in the right rear tires good patch, the right rear tire was all the way in the goobies and had no bearing on de-excelleration steer. With the right tire out of the groove and the left tire in the right tires grove, when Dale lifted very quickly, the left rear tire pulled the front end around to the left almost immediately. This further complicated Dale being able to get the car to respond as you can clearly see him drive to the right as the car still went left. the little bit of left rear tire steer allowed the car to get out of control before Dale had a chance to correct it. If Dale would of just gotten out of the throttle real slow, it would of maybe turned out different, even if Dale had the wheel perfect, the left rear tire being it was braking the most could of still of caused a wrecked. The car made a sudden and unresponsiveness to front steer move to the left and that just made the whole thing spiral to the point he was along for the ride.

In conclusion, what I have learned a lot from this of what not to do, no matter how many passes you have, something can bite your __s @ any time. Event the best racers with years of experience have out of control situations where they are along for the ride. Just something as small as a wheelie bar adjustment can assist in something like this is mind boggeling. Any time you slower drivers think you can just jump into a low 7 second car and just drive, think again!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
After watching this again, again, again and again, I also noticed that the wreck was complicated by the left rear tire being all the way in the right rear tires good patch, the right rear tire was all the way in the goobies and had no bearing on de-excelleration steer. With the right tire out of the groove and the left tire in the right tires grove, when Dale lifted very quickly, the left rear tire pulled the front end around to the left almost immediately. This further complicated Dale being able to get the car to respond as you can clearly see him drive to the right as the car still went left. the little bit of left rear tire steer allowed the car to get out of control before Dale had a chance to correct it. If Dale would of just gotten out of the throttle real slow, it would of maybe turned out different, even if Dale had the wheel perfect, the left rear tire being it was braking the most could of still of caused a wrecked. The car made a sudden and unresponsiveness to front steer move to the left and that just made the whole thing spiral to the point he was along for the ride.

In conclusion, what I have learned a lot from this of what not to do, no matter how many passes you have, something can bite your __s @ any time. Event the best racers with years of experience have out of control situations where they are along for the ride. Just something as small as a wheelie bar adjustment can assist in something like this is mind boggeling. Any time you slower drivers think you can just jump into a low 7 second car and just drive, think again!
Well if anyone ever needs a driver call "Awesome Bill" sounds like he has it all figured out! Also, I don't think a 4.24 @190 will b a low 7 sec car???? Lmao :drinkers:

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well if anyone ever needs a driver call "Awesome Bill" sounds like he has it all figured out! Also, I don't think a 4.24 @190 will b a low 7 sec car???? Lmao :drinkers:
x2 cant fix stupid but yeah his math skills arnt very well cause be alot closer to low six second car also explains why he doesnt drive his "pro mod" car he has too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts