Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James 2:15-16, NIV: "Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?"

It takes far more than good intentions to make an impact on this world. Just consider how many good intentions have risen and fell with each New Year Resolution. We resolve to do better, to think better, to act better, and to be better. We make ourselves promises, and we make God promises. But so much remains the same. Consider the poor, the lost, the sick, and the hurting. Where are we in regards to them? Do we wish them well only to continue on our way? Do we hope the will have what they need, find Jesus, be healed and find hope? We can go about our lives from new year to new year wishing things would be better, but until we put feet to our thoughts, we will get to the end of yet another year feeling like the year before--empty and unfulfilled. Though the reason we serve is not to be personally satisfied, it is something that will satisfy longings in us, the depths of which we have yet to understand.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
James 2:15-16, NIV: "Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?"

It takes far more than good intentions to make an impact on this world. Just consider how many good intentions have risen and fell with each New Year Resolution. We resolve to do better, to think better, to act better, and to be better. We make ourselves promises, and we make God promises. But so much remains the same. Consider the poor, the lost, the sick, and the hurting. Where are we in regards to them? Do we wish them well only to continue on our way? Do we hope the will have what they need, find Jesus, be healed and find hope? We can go about our lives from new year to new year wishing things would be better, but until we put feet to our thoughts, we will get to the end of yet another year feeling like the year before--empty and unfulfilled. Though the reason we serve is not to be personally satisfied, it is something that will satisfy longings in us, the depths of which we have yet to understand.

Well said, and so true.

·
I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
This one hits home with me! Amen
I try to help everyone I can I know when I was down and out I was helped.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Amen, too true!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts