Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of D3 heads that I'm looking to use in a turbo build. The heads were a test set for an offroad team. Originally set up for a hyd roller with solid steel non adjustable rockers. The intake valves are 7mm and the exhaust valves are 5/16. Will these valves live in a boosted combination?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have not cc'd them but pistons have a healthy dish. Going to be an e85 deal and compression should be in the low 10's if i remember correctly when we did the math years ago. I'm just concerned about breaking the head off a valve with the "thin" stem.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
The spring pressures they were designed to run is a fraction of what most turbo engines run that are making serious 4 digit horsepower. They are badass heads but I would put a set of guides in them and at a minimum change the intake valves to a larger stem. It depends on power goals and rpm as to what I would replace them with. I am a fan of titanium but they don't live forever and do become a consumable component, especially on the exhaust. Give some details on goals and rpm you're willing to run and I'll give a more detailed answer. Sounds like a fun project.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect it should turn about 8500 without a problem. Turbos are currently y2k 88's. I figure it's going to make 1600-1800 on total kill. Mostly a small tire street race deal with some no time or no prep racing so wont be on kill all the time. Trying to keep the maintenance down, that's why I'm getting away from my tired c3 headed combo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts