Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a 383 with 4340 internal balance crank 6 inch h beam rod srp 138103 inverted pistons. Dart iron eagle platinum heads 215 . Comp extreme energy 252/[email protected] 55x 55x on a 110.
I have a csu carb bought for 350 with 12lbs of boost and same came.
My compression ratio is around 8.9 to 1. 72 cc heads.
Should I adjust the carb any from the tune for the 350 or not.
And how does 30° of timing sound locked out.
engines going in a 72 nova (aka fatalf1r) full tub with 28/14.50 and split mono and caltrac bars. Th400 4800 converter 3.23 gearing.
How do you guys think she'll do anyway

thank you

·
Registered
832 Posts
Is the motor together already? If not, you really should consider a 2618 piston. I run the SRP now at 8 psi but I'll be putting a better piston in it before I turn it up more. SRP rates that piston to 100 HP per cylinder. You can sure go beyond that if the tune is just right, but if you miss the tune a little that piston won't like it.

As for the other stuff...30* timing may be where you end up but I would not start there. Start at 27* and work your way up watching the plugs. Same deal on the carb. Start conservative by adding a few jets then lean it out from there.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Careful with the 4032 srp pistons, they will fail around that 800 HP AND 15 LB mark, learned the hard way. Mine lasted on a similar setup at 13 lbs but when I turned the blower up at 22 lbs they came apart not once but twice. They were fine on the street but the track killed them immediately both times. That alloy just can't handle the cylinder pressures.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you
Procharger was bought for 12lbs of boost on a 350. I have the 7.75 or 8 inch crank pulley and 4 inch blower pulley.itwould put out 15lbs instead of 12.
Should a 383 have less because of cubes or not necessarily.
If I broke in the 9's that would rock. I know my primary jet is a 68. Start my timing at 26 or so for starters.
Should it trust my btm msd 6 for boost retard?
I am also running the middle nozzle of my snow performance methanol kit. Ill check to see what nozzle that is.
thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.