Yellow Bullet Forums banner

5181 - 5200 of 5208 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The common wall is a 3/8 stud, But the other side yes and no sleeve...

I've been wondering about this - the splitting of the port on the floor to mimic the "split" on the roof around the valve guide. Just "helping" the air decide which way it's going to go around the valve guide. In particular how this might work on a 351C head.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Some pics of the my new Slick Rick Prepped - 20's. Getting closer to final assembly. 598ci

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Chad, what's your experience with heart shaped chambers like above versus what I call kidney bean shaped chambers like below?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Chad, what's your experience with heart shaped chambers like above versus what I call kidney bean shaped chambers like below?

I’m my experience those bathtubs kidney bean chambers much have a slower burn as they take a lot more timing and are much less sensitive to timing than tighter heart shapes. They also don’t tend to show their power on track as well as others

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Love me some TPFE. Flow numbers, please? And how does the intake manifold (push rod tube) effect the numbers?

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Thanks for the numbers, here's the numbers of my Hi-Riser heads did with a 2.2" valve that Jim did before he did any port work, I'll post them if I can find them.

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
The Tunnel Port pushrods tubes are not much or a restriction at all, the manifold widens around them so it's like an island in a river.

Those High Risers are the Dove heads? My stock iron ones are about 330 intake. They also have a better exhaust port than other FE heads.

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Yes they are, I fell for Dove's Tall and Terrible advert. back in the early 90's, I found the flow sheet on one of the ports after Jim got done the blending the port after the 45 degree valve job. Corrected value in red.

Attachments

5181 - 5200 of 5208 Posts