Yellow Bullet Forums banner

5121 - 5140 of 5205 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm I barking up the wrong tree by trying to install a 2.050 in the 906 Vortec head. This head is known for high airspeeds. What would you suggest?
My fastest vortec have been 2.055. The air speed is fast but you can’t make the port big enough to get it right without breaking through. I would rather have more valve area because the head is going to be done 6800-7000rpm

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
My fastest vortec have been 2.055. The air speed is fast but you can’t make the port big enough to get it right without breaking through. I would rather have more valve area because the head is going to be done 6800-7000rpm
Eric, Thanks for the info and what is a safe bowl percentage with the 2.050 valve?

·
Registered
49,355 Posts
you pick up flow with the bigger valve under the curve, that even if the speed gets high it still works better in the window air is accelerating toward peak velocity

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
Little SR20 ex port upgrade for a heavy shot of N20

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Look great Scott! I can't wait to get mine from Rick.

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
HTML:
Little SR20 ex port upgrade for a heavy shot of N20
Looks very good Scott, What valve job and throat?
Dwight
Thanks. 55* and as big as I can make it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I grew up doing the stone valve job in the garage on our stuff. Pain in the ass. I would stave if I did it for a living especially going for seat runout of 0.001" or less. It has it's place but I couldn't see how you could make a living doing it with the machines and cutter that we have today. I would take a good Winona machine any day but just my .02 cents.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,670 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just heard about this thread and decided to see if I could add to some of the REALLY nice stuff in here. Figured I'd add start off with our billet P-48 HEMI heads.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

5121 - 5140 of 5205 Posts