Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i cut the bracket in half at the axle tube center so i dont have to cut ends off of housing . have ladder bars now on a fab housing w/backbrace,so it would take alot of work to cut it all off ,could i just use the ladder brackets for the 4 link the spacing from center to center seems close . 4 link brackets would set inside of ladder brackets so i could run either set-up unlimited radial doesnt allow 4 link ,but 10.5 does car should fit into both classes , incase your wondering why im asking .thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
i would not suggest welding four link brackets on your housing if you have housing ends already installed that line up with your 3rd member. i promise you that they wont line up when your done. you NEED to cut your housing ends off, put the brackets on and then put new housing ends back on.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Ditto.....you'd be surprised at how little heat it takes to starting moving the axle tubes around....and you're going to put ALOT of heat in it welding 4 link brackets on. Clamp that SOB down solid and hope for the best.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Yup every time i've welded on brackets things move around pretty good.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,950 Posts
You may want to buy another housing and sell your current one. Gonna take a lot of work to put the new brackets on and without a really solid fixture which most of us do not have, things are gonna move.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i would not suggest welding four link brackets on your housing if you have housing ends already installed that line up with your 3rd member. i promise you that they wont line up when your done. you NEED to cut your housing ends off, put the brackets on and then put new housing ends back on.
x2, housing will distort when welding on it. ends are the last thing that you do as far as welding to your housing

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Pic shows how far I offset the tubes in the sheet metal housing I designed and built.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Came out centered up much better than any housing I have ever done. SOB of a job to get those bushings out though. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts