Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always heard of this happening but never seen it. My dad was using his cut off wheel today and the disc exploded and smacked him in his bottom lip,went through and cut his gums up too. Hes gonna be fine but he said it hurts like a mother phucker,and just wants a god damn cup of coffee.....lol.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Owwwwwwwweeeeeeeee..........................

·
Registered
16,918 Posts
i hate those fucking things with a passion. glad it wasnt more serious

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea he is very lucky,and yes he should have had a shield on,but Iam guilty too of not having a shield. You bet your ass he will have a shield on next time,and me too!!

·
Registered
11,196 Posts
What brand wheel???????????

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
i had a guy hand me a 8'' grinder off his welding truck he didnot tell me the last disk he had was sitting in a bucket full of water for a week needles to say i picked pieces out of my stomach and leg for two days it exploded

·
Registered
110 Posts
Damn, that coulda been way worse... I'll be leaving the shield on mine, thank you.

Max RPM 25,000 - wonder what RPM it was at when it blew apart. :confused:

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
Yea he is very lucky,and yes he should have had a shield on,but Iam guilty too of not having a shield. You bet your ass he will have a shield on next time,and me too!!
i have never took my shield off yet,it never crossed my mind.... i usually use my sawzall when i come to a situation that my cut off wheel does'nt fit...i guess im lucky that my sawzall would fit...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I saw that happen in a high school auto body class. Half the disc flew across the shop and cut several tendons in another guys hand. I hate air powered cut off wheels and grinders with a passion!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts