Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
running flaming rivers large cut off switch with efi and alternator, what is the best way to wire in alt so as there is no back feed,car well shut down when shut off opened.no msd used fast xim and coil packsfast wants main power to battery as is alt.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Just got done doing this,ran my alt right to my battery,Raaaaayyyyyy told me to run it this way.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Just run the alternator right to the battery with a fuse link for the last 6" at the battery, and then run the cutoff switch between there and your main power distribution point. That way, nothing gets 12V+ from the alternator with the switch off except the battery. It sucks running two 6 gauge wires front to back to front, but I used high-strand stereo ground cable and I get minimal resistance, and so long as you run your sensing wire from the alternator to the main distribution point, you won't have voltage problems anyways. Just make sure to check the battery when the engine is running so you know it's getting 13.8-14.2V or thereabouts, as sometimes the differential between there and the distribution point can be significant.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Never use a fusable link, breaker or appropiate fuse. Fuseable link is a cheap way to approach mass production.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Got a 200amp fuse on my 130amp alt...3g,that's what it came with anyways,never had issues.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Got a 200amp fuse on my 130amp alt...3g,that's what it came with anyways,never had issues.
Shouldnt either. Sounds properly done.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ray, what do you consider to be the working differences between the options?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts