Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been dealing with them for 3 weeks on my parts shipping out and calling everyweek and getting same answer, it will be done soon and shipped out. Last Friday the 14th I was charged for shipping and still nothing. I just talked to them and was told nothing had shipped yet. Same story. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
418 Posts
What do you expect from a company that lays off there employees right before Christmas! I would cancel and get it from someone else. They are probably buisy with their new house, sons new house and oh yeah spending your money!!!!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Sorry to say, but talked to a customer that we are doing an engine for just yesterday, he saw a sticker of theirs on a computer tower in my office, (friend gave me the tower with the sticker on it) he said he used them about 7 years ago to do a 4L60, he went through a few of them, never was right, and he ended up paying someone else to fix it.. I proceeded to tell him the story of the unbelievable nightmare we went through with them about 6 years ago, we went through so many transmissions and converters, I lost count, they finally had the car towed to a local shop and had it repaired..

In the end, the customer was so frustrated with the trans issues, he sold the car for pennies on the dollar! Understand, I did not send the customer to Art Carr, it was all his deal....

This was the Art Carr in Texas, not the REAL Art Carr in California, he sold out the Texas operation years ago, as I understand, and has NOTHING to do with it...

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
I can understand WHY someone would sell an established business, but to let that business use YOUR personal name that you have spent your life building a reputation with is beyond dollars and cents. It is outright foolish.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Very bad experience with my first "Racing Trans" (cough, cough) If that is what you wanted to call it, after I took it to a local Stock Eliminator racer and found all kinds of STOCK parts in my "Racing Trans" and converter. I never dealt with them again (Texas Art Carr). Good Luck !

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
I can understand WHY someone would sell an established business, but to let that business use YOUR personal name that you have spent your life building a reputation with is beyond dollars and cents. It is outright foolish.
I've know Art (the real Art Carr) for 45 years. When he sold his company many years ago, it was something he had to do, for many reasons none of which I'm going to go into. Unfortunately, his name WAS the business. Without Art himself running the show, it was just another transmission rebuilding company. Without Art's name over the door, it was unsellable. As soon as his name went along with the sale, it was now a vauable deal for someone to buy. Art did not want to sell it in the first place, it was a personal issue that could only be resolved through the sale (hint: anyone gone through a divorce before?).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah this is Texas im dealing with. the story is that i have a "race" aod and their guaranteed for life input shaft broke which messed up direct drum,and planetary. I sent the converter back to be restalled and the valvebody to be checked out. This is my daily driver and just getting the run around. Any advice would be appreciated thanks for looking Dave

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Yeah this is Texas im dealing with. the story is that i have a "race" aod and their guaranteed for life input shaft broke which messed up direct drum,and planetary. I sent the converter back to be restalled and the valvebody to be checked out. This is my daily driver and just getting the run around. Any advice would be appreciated thanks for looking Dave
Sounds like you're accountable for it!...
Oh well, good luck with that!... ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yep, they laid off ALL the employees. Did everything themselves for a couple weeks (the owner, his wife, and son) and when they got really far behind they started hiring back guys that hadn't found another job yet. There where only 2 people that new anything and neither work there now. The owner thinks he knows everything but anytime he builds anything I garuntee it'll have to be sent back because it won't work right or isn't what you ordered. They won't be open much longer so don't buy from them unless your just the donating type. I bet if you call they would be more than happy to help you though. "And whats your credit card number?" LOL!!!!:smt079 Oh yeah, if you've ever ordered anything from ******* Performance, all you got was an Art Carr piece painted a different color. Camo instead of black. They only sell them on the internet. Today, they hauled off scrap metal all day even though they're over 60 convertors behind. :confused: Heard that from a guy that works there now.

My friend that worked there, for what would have been 20 years in Feb., was sponsored by them and they let him keep his car there and he just found out that they sold it!!!!!!! Luckily his smallblock F2 motor and tranny wheren't in it. We are hoping it sold locally and he can actually do something about it but who knows.

:rock::rock:

If you've got any questions about this business, hit me up I don't mind.

Josh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts