Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i decided i was gonna do some custom wiring on my car the night before im supposed to go racing, and it didnt go so well, car runs but leans out now, ill share what i got goin on... the car is a 88gt with a efi 427w and a c4, stock eec wiring and computer custom tuned 4 bank chip, pretty much a drag car now but still have the factory harnesses in the car, factory gauge cluster is gone and replaced with a custom built cluster with autometer gauges, along with heater box and all that junk is gone. pretty much the only thing i want to work is my ignition switch, all the lights and my power windows, thats it. so what decided to do was start under the hood and up front and cut apart the harnesses and take out every plug and wire taht isnt used to try and clean up a lil. well got the headlight and alternator harness done and it turned out fine, all works well, then i tore out the eec harness and cut it all apart tracing plugs and wires to the eec connector that werent used, like the relay and wires for the a/c and all that stuff. well i started the car and it seemed to run fine. only i had no power to my gauges(the batt terminal i have them all tied to one source, which is the 12v ign on wire for the defrost plug)so i couldnt figure that out so i just used another 12v source. now i took it to the track and its breaking up on the upper rpms. i pulled the plugs out and its runnin lean. i also noticed when the fuel pump cycles on with the key the pressure drops right to zero when it shuts off. it never used to do that the only place it could be goin is through the injectors but what would cause it to run lean? ive come to the conclustion that im gonna buy an aftermarket harness and rewire the car up like i want for a clean look under the dash and what not. but i dont know much about how to wire up the factory eec harness so it works without havin to have it plugged into the other factory harness. i know ppl put a efi 5.0 in street rods and stuff using the factory eec harness.. thats kinda what i wanna do. then ill take it and have it retuned to find out why its lean. can anyone share some info on this or know where to look? i forgot to add... i got a autorod controls flat touch switch panel to run pretty much all the accessories on the engine including ignition, fan, waterpump, transbrake, ect. i still use my stock ignition switch tho to turn the fuel pump on. its a aeromotive a1000 pump with the fuel pump contoller setup

1 - 1 of 1 Posts